Original Series Tricorder Set

No. The tricorder set is a revised version of the core rulebook, with most of the rules adjustments from the Klingon book added in. No significant new content was added to the tricorder digest (I cut the core book down from 364 pages to 304).

Did fit in the Archer-class spaceframe, though.

1 Like

@NervePinch You’ll find plenty information about the Tholians in the Alpha Quadrant Supplement and, interestingly enough, in the Gamma Quadrant Supplement.

The Guardian (of Forever, that is?) is briefly mentioned in the Core Rulebook and, thus, also in the Tricorder Boxed Set. It’s even more briefly mentioned in the Sciences Division Supplement.

There are “ancient android Ruk” mentioned in the Core Rulebook, yet not in the Tricorder Boxed Set.

There are “beings who called themselves Apollo and Kukulkan” mentioned in the Core Rulebook, yet not in the Tricorder Boxed Set.

Horta is/are mentioned in the Beta Quadrant and the Sciences Division Supplements and briefly mentioned in the Core Rulebook (but, again, not in the Tricorder Boxed Set). I have not checked, though, whether they’re statted down anywhere.

The other things are either not mentioned at all or (as far as I could see while skimming over the books) just referenced as examples.

While cursory skimming over the Tricorder Boxed Set I saw that they’ve adjusted some random tables (i.e. in character creation).

1 Like

Hey MisterX,

I appreciate all that. I was looking more for how Modiphius would handle these things being converted using the 2d20 system. Seeing as I already own the rule book, these and other TOS specifics would give me a strong reason to purchase the Tricorder set.

Hey for what it’s worth, I 'd buy a supplement that featured write-ups for all those cool things and more!

1 Like

I’m curious about the Archer-class spaceframe, but I don’t know if it’s worth it for me to buy even just the PDF of the tricorder set just for that…

Maybe the 5d20, 10 CDs, 3-part campaign, tokens, and two sets of character sheets might sway you. I dunno. If it doesn’t call to you, save your latinum for one of the many other releases we have coming soon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh how my wallet wishes you all hadn’t posted those tempting photos and descriptions of this set. I was trying to abstain since I don’t actually need more Star Trek Adventures books…

:cry:

What’s this about 10 CDs?

He means ten challenge dice, not compact discs. :slight_smile:

Oh, wow. Ok. that makes so much more sense in this context.

Mumbles something about caffeine or lack thereof

3 Likes