Operations Division supplement

Did anyone else feel the book was a little light? I mean, in comparison to the Command Sourcebook I felt like we had a noticeably smaller amount of content (especially with a reprint of the full Red Alert download unchanged). It seemed like Chapter 4, in particular, could have used more material.

120 pages is approximately the same as the Command Division and Beta Quadrant books.

And what you are saying is it would have been better if the Red Alert beta rules were not available for free download?

But I agree a little, it would have been a good opportunity to introduce futuristic ship classes, such as the Prometheus or Valdore class, either as part of advanced technology or as Starfleet Intelligence reports.

1 Like

Is it completely unchanged? When I asked about that on the old forum I was told that it would go into more detail than the free PDF. If it really is the same, it would’ve been nice to see something new. There’s no shortage of things to add, after all.

1 Like

I got my PDF. I’d say I’m happy about most of it, except the last 20 pages or so devoted to Red Alert, which seems like wasted space to me. (Just my opinion.)

1 Like

I get my receipts from my FLGS through email instead of physical receipts. Would a copy of that work?

Sure, you can forward it if you want. Be sure to tell support why their getting it.

I really love the general content of this supplement, but can’t help but feel like the tech chapter is a little light on actual usefulness? I mean, it’s 10 pages long, 3 talk about everyday tech, 4 talk about every day ship systems (which are already installed, so literally don’t add anything), and 3 talking about tech that is only going to come up extremely rarely. Basically the only regularly useful page here is the jury rigging section. No tactical systems? No advanced engineering techniques? No star ship talents?

I mean, this is what the chapter description says should be in there “CHAPTER 4: ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY. This chapter expands upon the equipment in the core rule book and includes game statistics on advanced personal weaponry, engineering tools, and other specialized devices that fall outside the definition of standard issue equipment. Also included are advanced weapon upgrades and defensive systems for starships…” not sure I’m seeing it?

On the flip side, there is a tonne of useful information for a GM, especially if you want to use SFI or S31. I will totally be making full use of those sections myself, but I’m not sure I could recommend this to my players. £25 for a couple of lists of talents/focuses and a few common engineering devices is to much for me to ask.

3 Likes

I can’t help but agree. It was a bit of a letdown to be honest. I really wish they would cut the Red Alert section out entirely and expand the advanced technology chapter substantially.

5 Likes

I sent my receipts to Support, and got my pdfs. Thank you! You guys rock!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I lived most of my life that way, so I can relate.

Hi,

I saw the book at my FLGS, but nothing on Drivethru. IS the PDF available somewhere else?

soon

3 Likes

When does soon become now?

If you buy a physical copy you can get the PDF. Modiphius rocks.

Soon becomes Now, later.

1 Like

I hate the temporal sciences, they give me a headache in the past. :exploding_head::vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Yeah- I have the pdf for general reference, but I vastly prefer the physical copies. I preordered the day preorders opened. Starfleet Intelligence will be figuring significantly in my campaign, so Operations seemed to be a very useful sourcebook.

On the other hand, I think in a way you’re right- soon is already now, from a certain point of view…

It’s not now.

1 Like

But Eric Campell has a physical copy. :wink:

Time is relative

3 Likes