Official Product Wishlist

Definetly!!!
Maybe this could go as an “The Early Years” sourcebook (or sth like that) and encompass not only ENT but also TOS. If I understood correctly, this could even be done withouth another license, right? (Not sure, sorry, if I got something wrong!)

While I definetly agree on the first bullet-point, I am quite convinced that the question-mark on the latter should be replaced with an exclamation mark. :wink: :smiley:

1 Like

Depends on which rule of Acquisition you are observing

1 Like

Since we saw some of them during DS9 – maybe there’s hope to see some within the Gamma Quadrant Sourcebook?

Folks, this thread is so you can share with the creatives what you would like to see in the game in future products. If you want to discuss other things, please use anither thread. If you can’t find one discussung what you want to, feel free to start one.

3 Likes

You have license to TAS right? Why not explore some of the weird stuff from that series. Like giant clone spock, negative time universe, magic at the center of the galaxy, etc.

To borrow a title from an older variant of the Star Wars RPG, how about a Threats of the Galaxy book? Including NPC starships we haven’t seen elsewhere, maybe even NPC versions of Starfleet ships for Lakota/Reliant type situations, or ships stolen by the Maquis. A variety of minor, notable and major NPCs could also fill quite a few pages. Major villains from the franchise (such as the ones we now have miniatures for, plus guys like Kor, Kang and Koloth), NPCs from the Gorn to give some ideas on basic Gorn NPC archetypes, Romulans attached to Spock’s unification movement, etc. There’s a lot of room to play in that hasn’t been touched yet.

Valdore and Scimitar stats could be interesting, and Beta didn’t include them (despite Command including the Luna-class which was also neither seen on screen nor implied to go into service until after the Dominion War…).

2 Likes

generally speaking the books stay within their dates, so the Vladore and Scimitar aren’t deployed yet. I’m hoping that when the gamma quadrant SB comes out, sicne it’ll apparently be a “dominion war SB” as much as anything else we’ll get some ships representing new deployments for various alpha quadrent powers that where developed for the war and they sldie the Valdore in there, claiming it first appered in the dominion war.

Advanced Starship Combat rules. Scalable for fleet actions. The ones we have now are perfect for cinematic/pc perspective fights, but I would some something more…crunchy.

Fleet actions are covered in the Command sourcebook and are about as crunchy as STA is likely to get fleet-combat wise. Cinematic / PC perspective fights is largely the goal since it’s a character-centric show and fleet engagements are rarely the point of an episode. There’s always a deeper, more character focused story going on.

3 Likes

I would really like to see a comprehensive index that spans over the various published documents. This one could be useful for the authors/editors, too. :smiley:

1 Like

What I’d love to see is a guidebook looking at a whole season of one of the shows in terms of the game. Basically a STA version of the individual Doctor handbooks for the Doctor Who rpg.

Each book has a few pages about that era of the show, highlights the biggest themes and how you could use them in your fame, and stars up the main characters.

Then each story is given a few pages. There’s a recap with suggestions on how to adapt that story for an adventure, stays for the main NPCs, and several plot hooks to follow up on the events of the story.

Do a book like that for the first season of TOS and I bet it would be a big hit.

1 Like

I hope the miniatures line eventually gets around to TOS style Klingons and Romulans. I have my Clix to fill out the ranks, but I’d love to have some “hero” figures for a bit of distinction.

1 Like

I really wish they’ed do a set based on the Klingons from Search for spock

3 Likes

Minis lovers should fill out the surveyon the website if you haven’t already. Best ways to get Modiphius to make more mini sets are to tell them what you’re looking for and also buy the current ones available.

Wouldn’t the Klingon set now available work for Star Trek movie-era Klingons? The uniforms didn’t change all that much from TOS-movies to TNG/DS9.

2 Likes

Given that the PDFs of the books are set up that one could cut and paste text out of them, it’d be relatively easy to combine all the indices into one big document and then edit it together. Relatively easy, but time-consuming. Not something I’d do any time soon since I’m focused on bringing new content together for you all to use…

Who doesn’t want Christopher Lloyd as a Klingon and a Targ ?

2 Likes

Speaking of Klingons here’s an idea I wanna pitch.

The KDF Officer’s manual. This book would be primarily a book aimed at Klinmgon based campaigns, with rules to reflect the unique nature of the KDP, space frame versions of klingon vessels (Klingon vessels are noted as being a little more customzied then federation vessels so if you add “house philophesy” into the mix as well you can really get a mixed up feel for differant klingon vessels)
in addition to klingon specific rules, the book can offer tools for more militant focused games on a whole. perfect for campaigns set in the mirror universe or simply during a time of major conflict for the federation

1 Like

@Modiphius-Jim are there any news about Minis for G&S Shield of Tomorrow Crew?

2 Likes

Why would they? It’s ended and very very niche selection of purchases.
Personally prefer they focus on every other option for miniatures first.

Why would it be very niche? Only because the miniatures are called “Lieutenant Commander T’Lan” or “Commander Junil Rue”, nobody is hindered to use them for any other character, be it player character or non-player character, in their game. For all buyers, it’s about miniatures of Starfleet Officers. Only for those who are fans of Shield of Tomorrow (or at least know the show) it would be a bit more special. Thus, I would say that the niche is even bigger than the niche of buyers for TOS/TNG crew miniatures.