New edition of Achtung! Cthulhu?

We’ll be confirming the product line much closer to the release, we’re still in rules development and much of the graphic design concept stages at the moment. Early days.

1 Like

Will the current Investigator Guide that is sold out everywhere I have been able to find, except one Amazon merchant selling for over $300 used, have any more re-prints? I have the pdf but I would like a print copy and want to know if I should just start trying to find a used copy to buy/trade from someone if

If not, any plans for print on demand from Drivethru RPG?

Amazon’s algorithms push the price up unnecessarily, I’ve heard, as scarcity pushes individual prices up the algorithm keeps going and hyper inflates the price.

If you’re looking for a quick purchase now, you could try ebay, or maybe look to the PDFs for now?

I already have the PDF. I like having physical copies though. Unfortunately eBay isn’t any better. One copy asking for $200 there. Insane. Guess I just keep looking and hope to get lucky, My OCD fires of when I look at my bookshelf and see it missing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I would hope that the 7the update will take into account the option for playing with the pulp ruleset.

The 7th edition update only updates the rules for the original content, while the new 2d20 Edition will include the new, expanded pulp setting material.

1 Like

So the new 2d20 Edition will have call of Cthulhu rules in it? Sorry that does not make sense. What I am asking is if the 7th edition update will account for the Call of Cthulhu Pulp sourcebook which other supplements in the 7th ed line provide options for.

No - the new 2d20 edition will be a completely separate book, using its own ruleset, new bckground, and none of Chaosium BRP rules. The conversions of Call of Cthulhu A!C don’t currently include Pulp Cthulhu as they are backwards compatible with older editions.

edit: To clarify, the 2d20 rules will be a distinct ruleset similar to those used in Mutant Chronicles, Conan, Infinity, John Carter. The Call of Cthulhu rules from Chaosium use the BRP-based system. Both use the Cthulhu Mythos.

2 Likes

Hi I know the 2d20 conversion isn’t scheduled for release until spring 2019, but I would like to run it at the Calgary Expo as part of our Modiphius fan-run demo table. Would it be possible to get the play test for 2d20 or the quickstart by mid-April?
Thanks
Vicster

Hey Vicster! Let’s look into it! If you pop an e-mail to support@modiphius.com they’ll get it over to our team and we’ll get the ball rolling.

2 Likes

Will this be Kickstarted or pre-order?

Hey Friends of Modiphiüs!

After reading all the posts I understand that if for example I buy all the Achtung Cthulhu PDF files I will get at some point of time the NEW PDF files updated to CoC 7th. Am I right? When is this going to happen?

On the other hand… Is there any date for the 2D20 line? Products to be launched, adventures…?

The Hype is too high!

So, the new core books for 7e are out and that is great. I was just wondering, will any of the adventures/campaigns/modules be updated for 7e as well?

I have the new core books and the one adventure. Like Trema81 I am wondering if any of the other books will get the update treatment.

Also, any news on the 2d20 version?

This is a Bump!

Any chance there will be rules for creating characters from different nations? The whole world was involved in WWII, not just the US UK and the Russians. Most games in these settings focus on the biggest countries in the war.

Characters can be from a wide variety of different countries and backgrounds.

1 Like

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will the guides to the Pacific, North Africa, and Eastern Front as well as the Terrors of the Secret War be reprinted and updated for the new edition or should I just look for second hand editions? I got into CoC in late 2018 and missed out on a lot of supplementary materials and this one seems especially interesting fighting both Nazi occult organizations and Mythos creatures on the various fronts during WWII.

Also sorry if this seems like necro-posting, the system won’t let me create a new topic for this.

We still need to print the 7th edition Keepers and Investigators Guides later this year. Beyond that we have no concrete plans at this time.

Any plans for a new one shot scenario? I finally got a group ready to go. Under the Gun was a lot of fun. Of course, I could write my own…