Miniature Rerelease Coming Soon!

Modiphius announced yesterday at ModCon that they will be rereleasing the long out-of-print JCOM miniature line as STL files soon! There were no other JCOM announcements, but I am excited by this news!

Let’s keep our fingers crossed that they might add a few new miniatures to the mix in the process. Modiphius now employs a number of sculptors who are sculpting dozens of new miniatures on a bi-monthly basis for their Fallout products. It would certainly be nice at the very least to see perhaps some of the creature models with different poses (white ape or banth). I own three copies of the current banth model and they look a little too similar when placed next to one another. Thoats are also so essential for narrating Barsoom, and it would be nice to have at least one thoat model to show players.

3 Likes

Great news! I don’t have a 3D printer, but I know some people who do, and this is a way better option then my current choices of 1) Insanely expensive incorrectly scaled minis from the Heritage line or 2) Nothing

2 Likes

Same here! They released three sets already today!

1 Like

Are they going to be printable as one piece? The originals were a pain to assemble at times.

The STL files are fully supported but are still subdivided into different pieces as they were in the original Cornish resin sets.

1 Like

What’s the plan of the rest of the miniatures? Will they be released as 3d sty files too? Looks like this release lost a bit of momentum.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hope they at least release the banth and Zodangan Fighting Crew models soon!

1 Like

Has anyone heard anything about the rest of the miniatures? Will they ever be released as STL files? Will these miniatures ever be produced again and sold as physical miniatures? I know the cost of resin has forced Modiphius to rethink the scenic bases in the Fallout miniature line. I’m fine if these are released again without bases. I can base them myself. Regardless of how well it sold, it just seems like such a waste of creative effort and capital to let this entire line sell out and languish like this.

1 Like

As one of the folks who hesitated on the initial round of minis, and by the time I had the cash found they were all sold out, I am looking for any way to acquire these. My son was talking about buying a 3D printer, and maybe this becomes a higher priority for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is another call hoping that further stl files are released for the JC miniature line! It seems the few actual boxes have been all snagged across the globe and are insanely expensive regardless. I want to start up a game and have grabbed all the physical materials with the exception of the minis. I have grabbed the available stls but am looking for more!

Are there any plans by Modiphius to release the rest of the mini line as stls?

-Erik

1 Like