Generic 2d20, any news?

I made quite a few Cortex Prime setting adaptations even since the preview of this rules mechanics “toolkit” came out.

A similar product comprising the alternative mechanics and approaches across the 2d20 game family would be very welcome.

3 Likes

Such a toolkit book would definitely be an instant pre-order for me. In my experiments on homebrewing Stargate and Mass Effect, I already employed some terminology and techniques used by Cortex Prime. Such as “Attribute Sets” with examples like Attributes, Skills, Specialties, Roles, etc. as well as “Mods” such as Combat Dice with 1 Effect or 2 Effects, Focuses with two values, one value, or using the second Attribute Set, etc., and Health, Stress, Amor, and Shields, and how each Track works.

3 Likes

I thought I’d linked this, but there’s a series of posts on my blog about this;

3 Likes

I’ve been (slowly) listening and its great!

Is one of those games a James Bond 007 game? Just let me me know if it is definitely a no, lol. Hoping for no Dr. No.

Any rules on how to use vehicles in combat? or a magic system? Something that could be used in any 2d20 system like (especially) Star Trek Adventures?

Infinity has extensive rules for all types of vehicles.

You can also check out the Devil’s Run or MC systems, if you happen to have access to one of those. They include vehicle rules as well.

1 Like

Achtung! Cthulhu has the most recent version of 2d20 vehicle rules, though no aircraft (as they add extra complexity we didn’t have room for).

1 Like

So, it isn’t a book but they did post up an SRD on drive thru. Caught me rather by surprise today in my update feed.

1 Like