Gamma Quadrant Sourcebook

And thirded…

Completely down for that as well. Especially if it includes decent sections on civilian and non-Federation designs as well. :slight_smile:

Oh, yes please!

I didn’t really think about adding K’zinti to my repertoire; but now that you mention it, I could really use another bad guy in the TOS game I have beyond the usual Klingons, Romulans and Orions.
I wanted to run Signals, featured in the Quickstart rules and A Star Beyond The Stars from the Starter Set, both of which feature Romulans. I think I could drop the K’zinti into Signals rather easily.

K’zinti could be an offshoot of the Caitians al la the Vulcan/Romulan relationship, or just seeded by the Preservers like all the humanoids in the galaxy.

STO features the Fersians, which are a blatently obvious K’Zinti stand in, and it’s noted that they’re apparently a Catian offshot who experimented with Augmentation centuries ago before doing the whole “romulan into exile thing!”

Feresans

In Gamma Quadrant, they are indeed related to the Caitians (possibly Preserver related - it’s not specified). Their technology is relatively primitive however (although their wartime alliance with the Dominion nets them a few upgrades).

Minor spoiler for ST:Picard:

It appears the Kzinti are now canon :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I wondered if I’d heard that correctly…

and implied to be raiding federation worlds by 2399

@Astronut
We don’t see them onscreen, and …

While it sure sounded like the “zinti” sound (which is how Kzinti is usually pronounced), it could have been Xindi, from Ent.
OTOH, the canoninzed single pip as commodore, not RALH. And a few other odd bits.

You should watch with subtitles on.

Subtitles clearly show it as “Kzinti.”

2 Likes

PtB have confirmed it was them.

Indeed. In a recent Q&A, Michael Chabon said that he called Larry Niven – whose work he had been a fan of since childhood – and asked permission to use the reference, which was graciously given.

2 Likes

It’s nice that they’ve finally recanonized the Kzinti. Note that the ST:TAS Kzinti are slightly different from the Niven Known Space version, and the SFU version different from both. Hopefully, we’ll see the TAS version updated in DIS or PIC.

1 Like