Modiphius.com  |  Modiphius Shop

Favourite Parts

So, by way of starting conversation, and so we know we have all our bases covered, what is your favourite aspect of Dune?
What might you most be looking forward to playing or doing in the Imperium?

I’d like to see proper consideration given to the Intrigue aspect of Dune. I’d leave the Kwisatz Haderach aspect as being strictly a background item, untouchable for players.

1 Like

The actions between the Houses of the Landsraad. Predominantly the intrigue but also the other methods they fight each other. The almost ritual aspect to fights and kanly.
The setting of Dune is thousands of years of precedent where doing things differently, while often effective, must not be obvious.

I would like to see some of the non-House factions (Bene Gesserit, Bene Tleilaxu) as present but definitely as additional to the Houses themselves.

For the games I will be running they will largely be about ‘solving problems’ for the house in a deniable manner.
So the seneschal would say that the house is vexed by such an issue and it is up to the players to resolve matters with plenty of leeway.

I would avoid Dune as a major location, personally. Possibly as somewhere my players visit, but I wouldn’t want them caught up in the book itself as I feel it restricts their agency.
So information about Geidi Prime and Caladan would be more welcome.

… So many things I want from this. :sweat_smile:

I would, too. I’d also love to see them both fleshed out based on what we see of their inner workings in the later novels (especially Heretics & Chapterhouse) even if the game doesn’t otherwise address that era at all.

1 Like

Dune Intrigue done well, please.

from what i’m reading (Late on the band wagon) from the infinity rules I have high hopes

You’ll all be glad to know we have emphasised Intrigue, and from that list so far I think you are going to be pleased. :slightly_smiling_face:

Where is the main draw from the books going to be?

I know that Dune will obviously be the primary source, but how much will come from the later books and the prequels.

The House books (Atreides, Harkonnen, etc) and the Butlerian Jihad series had a lot of ‘world’ information in them but also were very different books to the original.
And the books after Children of Dune also diverged massively in style (though I assume that will not be an initial focus if at all)

Frank Herbert’s work is the main source, but we are drawing from all the novels where necessary. I can’t say much more than that at the moment, but we have a very full range of material to draw from.

1 Like

Is the game going to draw from novels, tv series, original film or the newer one for artwork or non of the above

I can understand that.

In which case can I make a pleading case for the Ginaz swordmaster training that Duncan Idaho goes through from the House books.
I didn’t think too much of the prequels but that section really struck me as perfect.

When I ran Dune I marked up the pages and handed it to the player who was running a swordmaster and told them to read it to understand what their character went through.