FAQ and Errata Thread

The hit locations for non-humanoid enemies are missing entirely.

3 Likes

Did you renamed the file too ?

1 Like

The rules for Action Points seems to be missing some text and even rules.

P. 18:

Action Points can be used to take additional actions, improve the outcome of a test, reduce the time it takes, learn more about a situation, or buy more d20s in future tests.

There is no rules for improving the outcome of a test; besides the possible extra combat dice and no description of buying dice for future tests (I presume the cost are the same as for buying dice before a test, but how what about the time in the narrative).

Personally I would like for a way to improve the result using Action Points outside of combat (despite the CRPG heritage of AP’s) - but differently than luck. It should be a lesser effect than pure successes, however, as that would obliviate the need for purchasing dice.

In my opinion - P.18 could use some refrasing or expanded text and rules.

And why is there no love for robobrains - neither here nor in Wasteland Warfare? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s what sourcebooks are for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Besides adding damage dice on an attack, “Improving the outcome” isn’t described here because it is entirely dependent on the check being made. For example, this probably doesn’t make sense on a Lockpick check, since you either pick it or you don’t. However, on a Scavenging check (PER+Survival, p.196), each AP you spend after succeeding on the check gives you another roll on the loot table. I’m not immediately seeing any other explicitly defined example of how this works, but I can think of a few off-hand: Barter checks (to increase how good of a deal you manage to get), Throwing (to increase how far you manage to throw something), Athletics (increasing jump distance, sprinting, etc). Presumably, these options will either be added to the book in the Gamemaster’s Kit, but if not, they should expand the Skills section of the Character Creation chapter, or add them to the Gamemastering chapter. Honestly, some really basic examples really should be in the core rulebook, with guidelines on how to build your own custom tests in the Gamemaster’s Kit.

2 Likes

Spending AP on a Medicine check for healing increases the amount of HP gained, Foraging lets you find more things, Salvaging junk lets you have better chances of recovering more materials, some butchery rolls for animals increase the yield, the Defend action lets you increase your Defense, natural healing lets you heal more injuries. There’s plenty of examples of how AP is used to increase the scope of success.

Throwing (to increase how far you manage to throw something)

This is the Heave Ho perk.

2 Likes

Not especially concerned about caps cost but I think you had weight and cost transposed.

A T-51 leg is 10 lb and 15 caps. This appears to be a mistake as T-51 arms weigh 10o lb.

The T-60 armor is where the real problem, with each piece weighing 650-700 lb, roughly 5x any other armor mark.

For the PA Frame the price looks about right at 150 caps. It is after all the heart of the PA system. The weight may be a bit excessive though.

My guess is that:
T-51 leg should weigh 100
T-60 pieces should weigh 65 - 75 lb each
PA frame should weigh 450 lb

1 Like

Looks like Scavenger perk is missing. It is mentioned few times for example on page 94 or 200, but there is no description of this perk

1 Like

The tables are flipped from what they are in the beta. Also, compared to the fallout 4 items, which a lot of items are directly correlated to, the numbers work out once the tables are flipped back. Like almost 100% exactly for weight and price, with some rounding down or up.

Fallout 4: Raider Torso weighs 22, costs 50. Fallout 2d20: Raider chest weighs 50, costs 22.

Tables are flipped, see? The price of a power frame is even the same once they are flipped back, at 4500 caps, though it has 0 weight in fallout 4, because you buy it as a a shipment. (Problem being in Fallout 4, you can’t ever sell power armor frames, because they don’t go into your inventory, and in 2d20, I can’t see why you wouldn’t be able to sell them.)

The T-60 vs X-01 armor is weird. In fallout 4, the base T-60 armor is super expensive, and yet the upgraded pieces are way cheaper. Why? No idea. Bethesda stuff. All I know is my players are gonna skip right over T-60 and start buying X-01.

1 Like

Two Questions concerning Ranged Weapons, Ammo, and Damage Ratings.

First question: How do players calculate the amount of Challenge Dice needed to roll for damage on a ranged weapon?

The Rule on page 88 under Damage Effects state the following: A ranged weapon’s damage rating is based on the ammunition it uses; a weapon’s damage rating changes if the ammunition type changes.

When making a character, My origin was Vault-Tec Security (pg 78) and I have a Tagged Skill of Small Guns(pg 81). Vault-Tec Security gets a 10mm with 8 +4 ammo. The equipment from Small Guns tagged gives 6 +3 Ammo.

The Damage Rating for a 10mm Pistol, according to page 95, is 4.

Do I add the ammo damage rating to the damage rating of the gun? Or is the damage rating just the amount from the ammo?

E.g. For the 6 +3ammo from Small Guns tagged skill equipment 3 or 7 Challenge Dice for damage?

If the answer is 3 Challenge dice due to just the ammo being counted for damage, why do the weapons have a damage rating?

Second question: Why do NPCs inflict a different amount of damage using the same weapon, if they do not use ammo, according to page 337?

The Combat Rifle on page 95 has a damage rating of 5.

On page 390, the Raider Veteran deals 3 Challenge Dice of damage with a Combat Rifle.

On page 392, the Gunner deals 5 Challenge Dice of Damage with a Combat Rifle.

On page 393, the Mercenary deals 2 Challenge Dice of Damage with a Combat Rifle.

All of the mentioned NPCs have Let Rip ability, which increases the Fire Rate by 2, but it says it is 7 Challenge Dice of damage.

They use the same weapon, which has a different amount of Challenge Dice, but has the same amount of CD for Let Rip.

1 Like

Those notations are for determining the quantity of ammo received - the number, plus the total rolled on the listed dice, is the number of shots you get. So, if you’re Vault-Tec Security, you get 8 shots, plus the total rolled on 4 combat dice. If you have Small Guns tagged, you additionally get 6 shots, plus the total rolled on 3 combat dice.

The damage a weapon deals is listed as the gun’s damage rating, but these are based on baseline values for each ammo type.

I just skimmed a few later parts of the book and you are right.

However - I think there should at least be an example on the page with the general rules on APs or some other way of communicating where to find those details.

This book is far from the only RPG book, where details concerning a specific rules are scattered throughout the book - making looking it up a great hassle. It has been a pet peeve of mine for some time. Many books are way worse than this, however.

Looks like Scavenger perk is missing. It is mentioned few times for example on page 94 or 200, but there is no description of this perk

I believe the Scavenger perk is supposed to refer to the Scrounger perk. The description matches the context of the references.

Thank you for clarifying that for me!

I wish you the best on your future endeavors.

So after I copied everything over from the rulebook into excel and flipped the cost and weight values around this is what I found:

Places in parenthesis are where 2d20 is different from what’s listed on the Fallout wiki and, based on that, it looks like the X-01 pieces accidentally had their costs copied from the T-45 armor pieces. I have no issues with T-60 being more expensive than the older models (since it was the most high-tech model prior to the war, though you’re right about the upgrades needing to be priced accordingly lol) but I’m gonna guess that once corrected the X-01 pieces will be closer to 1000 caps each if the T-60 pieces remain in the 700 cap range.

1 Like

Arms and Legs have the same weight, so T-51 Leg should be 130 as like the T-51 Arm

Weight header swapped the Cost header, indeed.

X-01 may cheaper, but regardless of the cost, one of the rarest stuff, as rarity goes from 0 to 5. You should consider it, when you “simply” let your players to buy it…

There are no magazines mods in small guns mod table on page 100 whatsoever. The same on page 222 with weapon workbench.

1 Like

The magazine mods on p. 100 has been added in the updated PDF, but they’re still missing from the crafting table on p. 222.

page 212 in leather armor recipes there is twice boiled leather, the most complex should be Studded.

Question about sneak and ambush: what skill do you use to spot sneaking or ambushing enemy?
On page 17 in the example it says Survival+PER, on page 47 in sneak skill is written that you use Sneak+PER to for example spot hidden enemies in ambush.