FAQ and Errata Thread

Though it is indeed inconsistent with how most perks are presented, it is nor really an error - there simply is no level requirement for Armorer, and increasing requirements for higher ranks always count from the level you aquire a perk for the first time, anyway (p. 59).

It should probably be addressed for clarity and consistency, though; this pertains to the Size Matters perk, too.

Gun-Fu Clarification Requested.

You shoot a target, hitting in the torso, and after all armor, etc. is accounted for, they take 4 Damage. You then spend the requisite number of extra ammo to shoot two more targets. Which of the following resolutions is correct?

1. Each additional target takes 4 damage in the torso regardless of their armor, etc…

2. Each additional target is hit, but you roll a random location and re-roll all of the damage dice (including extra dice from having spent more ammo on the initial target) and apply it against the new targets location and armor.

3. Each additional target is hit, but you roll a random location and re-roll only the base damage dice for one shot from the weapon and apply it against the new targets location and armor.

That is not wat the description on perk leveling states. The level you learn a perk does not affect the level requirement for the next rank of the perk.

It specifically mentions you could learn a perk at lvl 9 then next rank at lvl 10.

After reading the box on p. 59 again, my understanding of the rule was indeed wrong! I should not have skipped that example… Thanks for correcting me.

I actually made the same mistake first reading, but had to doublecheck. First thought was “that sucks” as it would almost force you to take certain perks when first available to ensure you got all ranks.

I would interoperate it as you use the same damage dice roll, but not the final damage dealt, for each target, but roll location separately. Otherwise, the player would always shoot at the least armored target in the area and then spread the damage around to all the heavily armored stuff.

You don’t want to see, “Oh I got a head shot on the dog that did 6 damage so I’m going to spend an AP to do 6 damage to the head of the enclave soldier in the full X-01 armor next to him.”

The problem here is when it is combined with the “Center Mass” perk. Do the extra hits, also automatically strike the center mass?

I rule no since the extra hits aren’t aimed or anything. Ultimately, whatever works for your table though since it doesn’t specify.

Good evening,
leafing through the manual I noticed that the magazine mods are not present in the crafting section, is there any update?

Can a character with “Science!” perk work together another with “Gun Nut” to create a mod with “Scienc!, Gun Nut” Requirement?

I would say yes, though both should roll and you keep the worst result (possibly with any complication from the better roll tacked on top to repreent teh consequences of lousy coordination)

I wanted to make a Thread for this topic but it seems like I dont have permission for that.

Anyway I hope someone can help me figure this out. I literally just started toying with the rules a day ago and while I figured a lot of the mechanics out by now there is one thing that confuses me very much.

Assume there is a player with a medium weapon (without close quarter ability) who always wants to be 1 zone apart from his enemies since thats when he has the lowest difficulty to hit his target.
Second, assume there is an NPC Ferral Ghoul (or any other melee focused character) that is trying to kill the player.

The NPC is now moving into reach of the player and attacks him and ends his turn.
On the players turn, according to the rules the difficulty to hit the NPC with a Medium range weapon is now +3 (+1 from being in the same zone as the NPC with a medium weapon, +2 because of being in arms reach of the melee NPC)

How does the Ghoul prevent the player from using his minor action to step into a neighboring zone on its turn and then shoot at the ghoul with no increased difficulty. As I understand there is no Attack of Opportunity that makes moving into another zone risky. I do see mentioning putting hazards between zones that cost AP but that cant be the solution for everything?
Especially since I think you can just move out of arms reach in the same zone, not sure if that is for free or if you need a minor action for that.

I simply fail to understand when the +2 difficulty malus of being in arms reach can ever get applied when you can just walk away with your minor action for free basically dancing in a circle with your enemy.

Small Gun mods seams to be missing
Tuned Receiver
Armor piercing Receiver
Rapid Receiver
Finned Barrel
Shielded Barrel
Short Barrel
Bull Barrel
Large Magazine
Quick Eject Magazine
Large Quick Eject Magazine

.38 Receive is listed as requiring GN4, this should probably be GN1

Short night vision scope seams too easy as it doesn’t require rare material

Where are all the Science 1 upgrades, why are you starting at 2

QUESTION
I killed a raider and got some pretty good chest armor. Can I replace my vault tech chest armor or is the Vault Tech armor one piece?. ie all or nothing.

Is rain water safe to drink?
(if after 200 years its still radioactive why isn’t everything dead already?)

OBSERVATION
I need Blacksmith 2 to add Serrated Blade (Gain Persistent) on a sword yet I can add sharp (Gain Persistent) to a baseball bat or pool stick for free.

You have kind of made scrapper a mandatory Perk as its the only way of getting uncommon or rare scrap. That make modifying gear so much harder. ie I need multiple levels of crafting Perks and scrapper plus decent repair or Science for weapon mods.While I learn all this other players are upping stats, skills and combat perks and skills plus they benefit from all my sacrifice at no cost. Seem a bit lop sided.

It takes an action to control dogmeat, Why cant he respond to voice commands or whistles?

MAKING STUFF
It seems off that you let players fit scopes and night vision scopes when you can’t make even basic stuff
Backpacks, water bottles, beer, bread, hats, melee weapons (throwing knives and spears), radiation detectors, microprocessors etc

NEW STUFF
armor piercing ammo - ie piercing 1
dum-dums - piecing-2 and vicious
Small gun mod 5mm Receive
Small gun mod 5.56 Receiver
Bows
Crossbows
Atlatl / Woomera
Zip Guns
Bang sticks

Pain killers
Antibiotics
Rifled Barrels

rules for building snares and traps so you don’t spend all your time foraging
rules for sanitation

cheers

Add a full stock to a combat shotgun for 3 caps?,
that doesn’t even pay for for my time let alone breakfast. (or my monthly Rad-Away shot)
What kind of economy are you creating here?

Question: Is there an official ruling on the +resistance armour upgrades (padded, dense, braced, cushioned)? Does they only work only for the location, or for all locations?

Second question: Do the benefits of Stabilized/brawling stack when you have both arms with the same mode and use a two-handed weapon?

So I own the FAllout RPG book and pdf. I just recently got an email with an updated version of the pdf, BUT it failed to have a list or documentation of what has changed??

Apart from the Rulebook there is an Errata log pdf, but the last group of errata is from September 2022, so I don’t know why release it now, or if there are any February errata that is not reflected.

If you don’t have the Errata log file, contact Modiphius and tell them.

The errata was collected until September, then collated and changes made and then released in February.

Clothes are one piece but some can be worn under others armors (the vault suit amongst them)- but you don’t add the armor values of both pieces, you only use the best value amongst the two for each damage type on that location

Example :

raider torso is 3 physical/ 3 energy
vault suit 0 physical, 2 energy, 2 rad everywhere but the head

You protection values would be zilch on the head, 2 energy/2 rad on the limbs, and 3 physical, 3 energy, 2 rad for the chest

You are absolutely right, in that situation, you would move. The downside comes up if you are in a tight corridor and the whole zone is filled with ghouls, so you can’t avoid being adjacent to one. Also there can be bad effects to moving. For example, if you move zones, you could be moving into range of other melee creatures that are two zones away, as moving into that zone now puts you one zone away, and they can now swarm you on their turn. Also some things can take away your minor action. If youa re stunned all your actions cost AP. If you are knocked prone you need to spend a minor action to stand or the melee attacks will auto-hit you (and possibly generate action points which cna be applied to extra damage dice on you). If you are bleeding from a torso injury or taking persistent damage, you might need to stimpack yourself to not die, and that uses your minor action. This means either spending action points to take the extra minor action or suffer the penalty. In rules as written, you even need 2 minor actions to stimpack yourself (1 to draw the stim, one to apply it), so this would take both your minors, cost you an AP, and you can’t move at all so suffer the penalty to attack. As you can see there are tons of situations where the penalty could apply or at least is a deterrent to certain courses of action you otherwise might want to do