Modiphius.com  |  Modiphius Shop

Fallout 2D20 Loot Generator

Hi all,
I have started making it a habit to share any tooling that I make for my local games. For this I made a quick loot generator using the tables from the Core Rulebook, though I have modified it slightly to include things like glowing blood packs, abraxo cleaner, and asbestos.
If you have any feedback, find any bugs, or have any feature requests, please feel free to post here.
I decided to make this generator in html, because the product is the source code and it is easy for folks to make their own updates and fixes. If you do make additions, please feel free to share here as well.

Generator V1
Generator V2
Generator V3
Generator V4
Generator V5

V2 Update: I have cleaned this up a bit, separating the javascript into its own files and adding possible modded weapons in the “Weapon Case” container

V3 Update: Added in modded armor in the “Armor Case” container. I think I will add an NPC/Encounter generator if my free time keeps up.

V4 Update: Added NPC generation, between level 1 and 20 for now. Also changed the layout a bit to be a bit more compact and fallout-y.

V5 Update: Fixed a lot of bugs with the NPC generation, set the max level to 21, also cleaned up the generation style of the NPCs. Until I get requests, I think I will be done updating. :slight_smile:

May your rolls always make you GM cry,
Kakuga Goka

Very cool. The variety of container types is thoughtful and very useful. Thank you for sharing.

Am I missing something? I cannot seem to figure out how to use this.

What part are you having trouble with?
Edit: If you are running on mobile, I have not really tested this on that platform. This should work on Chrome, Edge, and Safari though. Firefox should work, but has spacing issues.
Edit 2: Testing on windows with Safari, it does not work. :confused:

You’re a king/queen.

Dear lord thank, as loot generation is so far the most tedious part, and yet so essential, to a post-apocolypse game.
However I to must admit to not understanding how to use your spreadsheet.
For example: players are searching a Large area - a garage in a military base. The site has been mostly searched. Using the charts from the GM Handbook (which should have been in the core rulebook IMHO) I would have the following:

Looting
Large location, 24 total items, x4 multi
Ammo 4, armor 4, clothing 4, weapon 4, other 8
DN 3 (mostly searched), -5 items
Ammo 0, armor 0, clothing 0, weapon 0, other 3
Other: Ammo, Food, Weapon

However I don’t see a way to enter in the DN for the site.
Also, you might want to have the first sheet in your workbook be the instructions.

They were written to go into the corebook, but including them would’ve meant a larger (and more expensive) rulebook, because there’s only a finite amount of stuff that can fit onto a page, and adding more pages isn’t a simple matter, nor is it free.