Does a full Squad/Mob attack with 6-9 dice?

That is interesting, as in those actual play videos by Modiphius I watched, (mainly JCoM), the level of “correctness” regarding the rules was rather low - they were more focussed on keeping the flow of the game than on applying the rules correctly.
And not all 2d20 games have the concept of “mobs” of low competency, low resilience NPCs. So did you watch a Conan game where the question placed here is handled?

1 Like

Modiphius - YouTube
This is a link to all the videos on Modiphius’s Youtube channel. The Conan actual play ones are:

Conan: Adventures In An Age Undreamed Of - Ashes To Ashes (It is in 4 parts)
Modiphius Plays… Conan - (It is in 5 parts)
Conan: The Pact of Xibalba (It is in 3 parts)

So you have 12 videos in total of the above mentioned ones.

Note they have an audio recording of an actual a Beta play of Conan called:
Robert E Howards CONAN Roleplaying Game Audio Gameplay

You used to be able to watch a video of the Beta play on the old Modiphius website which is no longer active but the audio on youtube is all that you can get now.

1 Like

I can’t remember if it was in an actual Modiphius video or if it was in a fan video that had combat in it. I downloaded all the official videos to watch how combat was done and some fan ones yeas back when I got into 2d20 Conan that showed how Combat worked or that were actual plays of the game as the rules weren’t clear in a few spots in the text. I only keep the official ones.

The one Modiphius video that I do recall that cleared up another combat matter that has come up was a ModCon one from 2020 in which it got asked how do NPC allies worked in regard to Momentum / Doom and the answer was that they use Momentum and generate Momentum and don’t use Doom/Threat, etc to pay for spends.

The actual play ones you are correct in that they are more interested in keeping the flow of play going and making sure it runs quickly. I watched the official JCoM, Star Trek, and Infinity videos too and the most helpful of all the actual play ones including Conan was the Start Trek play of Signals videos of seeing how things worked.