Do we know what a Cube looks like?

I’ve been watching Altered Carbon and it made me think a lot about the parallels of the two. Wondering what exactly the Cube looks like compared to AC’s Stack, and I believe the location is also in the same spot, right?

1 Like

That was what I was looking at when I first started reading the Infinity book
(I know there’s an official one but I prefer Infinity)

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve saw a proper description of the appearance of a cube, but since it’s called a cube, it might symply be cube-like. Stacks in altered carbon look like disc because they are either inserted between two vertebra or replacing one. The cube if I remember correctly is implanted at the base of the skull, so it might simply be a cube.

Take all of this with a grain of salt I haven’t read either core book, or the tabletop rulebook In a while.

2 Likes

Yeah this is the answer I’ve been learning towards. May be the best thing theory if there is no official art

I don’t remember reading any description of a Cube in any of the books. It could be somewhere, of course, but not in an obvious way. I’ve done the same and assumed it is shaped as a cube because something else would be strange. Maybe there is a description on the boardgame fluff books and, somehow, it was missed when they were writing the RPG…

2 Likes

there is an illustration of a cube in the Outrage manga graphic novel towards the end of the story. it looks a little like a thumb drive, which interacts with a connection at the base of the skull. i think it’s safe to say that due to the various different technological paradigms between factions as well as alien tech, there might be different cubes for different factions, especially the Tohass and EI.

1 Like