Conan card decks

In case you are interested in the contents of the card packs, here is a video: https://youtu.be/Xv0AV6m9ANk

Mods, if this is against the forum rules, feel free to remove the post.

2 Likes

I went to buy the Plot cards, but the shipping was 19 bucks, almost as much as the cards, Sadly, I emptied my cart. I’ll wait for them to reach my FLGS.
Garrett Crowe

2 Likes

There is no Momentum spend that allows you to re-roll any skill test. Not in the Conan 2d20 core rules, not in the source books.

Those additional “Momentum options” in the Momentum, Fortune, Doom card deck are often exceeding what you may do with Momentum by the core rules - exceeding in a way, that is much more powerful than even Fortune points by the core book (like the re-roll option, which not even Fortune points allow you to do).
Some are presenting options for more points of Momentum, that are already included in the core rules Momentum spends for less points. That is weird.

In general: I cannot recommend this card deck.

3 Likes

Aside from the Doom, Momentum and Fortune decks, If you have looked at all of them, are there any decks you do recommend?

The location deck is the only one I found useful as GM in preparing my games.
The plot deck is too simplistic for my taste - I prefer the tables in the GM screen booklet.
The NPC deck I found less useful, as they don’t include all the pre-made NPCs from the source books, and as with progressing Conan campaigns due to the power creep the PCs show, you have to adjust the NPC stats A LOT to be still somewhat challenging.
The sorcerer deck I found not useful at all - this is not like D&D spell decks, as Sorcery is much more variable. A player who is about to play a sorcerer PC must, simply MUST read into the spells thoroughly to be able to play this kind of character - the cards don’t help that much.

In general, I found the Infinity Card Decks much more useful for game preparation or ad hoc NPCs than the Conan Card Decks.

2 Likes