Attention Wastelanders

Wastelanders, we have some incredible news!

Modiphius Entertainment announced today we are developing two unique tabletop roleplaying game products based on the Fallout® videogame franchise.

Modiphius will develop and publish two tabletop RPG titles: the first expanding on the narrative wargame experience of Fallout: Wasteland Warfare,their licensed tabletop miniatures game, while a second more traditional tabletop RPG will follow using the company’s 2d20 System.

Fallout: Wasteland Warfaregame designer James Sheahan is developing a roleplaying game expansion for the miniatures game which will include new rules for character creation, creating adventures in the wasteland, and more.

Long-time fan, and head of roleplaying game development at Modiphius Entertainment, Sam Webb (Star Trek Adventures) will lead development of the 2d20 System version for a more in-depth tabletop roleplaying game experience.

The Fallout: Wasteland Warfare roleplaying game will be available Summer 2019, with the 2d20 System version following in 2020.

For more information read below or head over to:www.modiphius.com/fallout-roleplaying

10 Likes

Will the narrative mode expansion work with single player/AI gameplay? :slight_smile:

Best news I’ve heard all day!!

This is great! Will this affect the scope or timing of what we can expect for FOWW waves 2 and 3?

I think the first question I would have is, does this mean we can expect conversion rules between the board game and the roleplaying game?

I’ve always been a roleplayer. I like the miniatures games, but when given a choice, I lean towards pen and paper games. I confess that I’m a bit excited about an official roleplaying game cropping up around the miniatures game.

1 Like

Oh hell yes that… I am beyond excited I’ve been debating about playing an RPG like Dungeons & Dragons cuz my brother has been trying to convince me to play one. Anyting expended on this game is awesome I’m ready for Wave 2 and I do hope you guys come out with a line of slightly better priced Miniatures it on as good a quality I will gladly purchase

Alatair, this is a role playing game, like D&D, it requures a game master and 1 or more players.

Alx, huzzah! Glad to make your day.

1 Like

Sudo, this and FoWW are being created by different teams, in clise cooperation, so RPG development will have no negative impact on FoWW’s production.

2 Likes

Gatekeeper, the RPG rules are derived directly from the wargame rules. No, or very little, conversion needed. That is until the 2d20 version comes out. Even then both rulesets will be supported.

2 Likes

That will be convenient!

Been waiting a long time for something like this. Thanks, fellas.

I actually have everything that Glutton Creeper Games did for Exodus. Exodus being their “Fallout” game. If I understand correctly, they were actually making it as a Fallout RPG and lost the license late in production, so they converted it over into something just a little different (Mostly changed names of things and changed up the background a little. Same game, different flavor and all that) and used the d20 system. Will be really nice to see

Would be really nice to see the RPG handled hand in hand with the miniatures game. Maybe release campaign books that could be used for both the miniatures and pen and paper versions, things like that. It would help cross sell items to two different target audiences.

Time will tell though. I’m thinking I’ll nab a few copies of the core rulebook at the very least, then see how it goes from there.

2 Likes

Sweet I love the 2d20 system.

Ah got it, I’d misunderstood slightly. Thanks for the response! :slight_smile:

Could not be more excited about this! :partying_face:

Just do add to what Steve mentioned, I designed the F:WW RPG to work interchangeably with the tabletop game - units, items, etc. from one can be used in the other and the core game mechanics are the same. There will be more details soon.

4 Likes

Will this RPG expansion be significantly useful for those of us who primarily play F:WW in narrative cooperative mode against the AI? I’m hoping for something like Gloomhaven, which doesn’t require a gamemaster.

3 Likes