Achtung! Cthulhu Bibliography

While writing the forthcoming Forest of Fear campaign I made use of a number of sources. I thought it might be interesting to start a thread for reference books that others can add to. There’s a few others but these are the ones I made use of - the ISBN should enable folk to find them in local booksellers (or even Amazon, boo!)

• SOE Manual: How to be an Agent in Occupied Europe (SOE, ISBN 0008103615) - an exact reporduction of the WW2 SOE Manual
  • Hitler’s Last Gamble (Antony Beevor, ISBN 0241975158) - factual account of event in the Ardennes.
  • Hitler’s Fortresses: German Fortifications and Defences 1939-45 (Chris McNab, ISBN 1782008284). Lots of bunkers and maps, plus historial info.
  • The Tank War (Mark Urban, ISBN 9780349000145) - a boots-on-ground account of a British Tank regiment’s experiences during WW2.
  • Lonely Planet: Belgium & Luxembourg (Lonely Planet ISBN 9781743213919) - a travel guide but gives a lot of background information , e.g. local cave systems
  • Illustrated Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War II (Chris Bishop [Editor], ISBN 9781782743880) - includiing photos, specs, and illlustrations of all kinds of vehciles and weaponry (inc. planes and boats).
  • 2194 Days of War (Cesare Salmaggi & Alfredo Pallavisini, ISBN 0831788852). Hard to find in print, but gives a day-to-day history of the war across all fronts.
5 Likes

You can find 2194 Days of War on places like ABCBooks or Ebay for a reasonable price. If you want a hard copy, that is.

Wow that’s very cool, thanks for the list!

This has always been one of the best things about A!C: the attention to detail and history. Gamemaster guide is chock full of history, and as a teacher and history buff, I was pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to picking up your book.