What has been a memorable moment while playing Star Trek Adventures?

Jim and his team do a fantastic job at bringing us great Star Trek Adventures content.

I wrote a review article on Gamers Decide Star Trek Adventures Review

I’m curious what your most memorable moment has been while playing Star Trek Adventures?

1 Like

My players needed a sort of fun thing after an intense bit so we went slight back in time and had a Holiday episode. Qjr was causing problems and giving “presents” to all of the different characters.
For one he showed a parallel version of our Liberated Borg CMO what would have happened if he got on the transport that was assimilated to which the alternate version said “ah get me out of here!”
For another he sent them to effectively Narnia, security officers historically don’t get along well with Qs after all.
Q himself made an appearance and Jonathan Archer (the Captain’s ancestor) appeared. Q also quietly gave them the power of the Q. Our Archer asked for advice from Jonathan Archer and Riker on what she should do and decided against it. But she used the power to fix everything and get rid of Jr.

Then Q left their Science officer (an EMH Mark 4 running for 34 years) as a human. She already had sentience but Q gave Edith a mortal life.

1 Like

I ran a convention game just before the pandemic lockdown… it was an adventure with a borg cube. The players realized they weren’t getting significant damage with their ships 6 effect dice, so they did a scan generating threat and filling the momentum pool, then on their next action, maxing the dice for the attack by 5 threat and a determination to round out to 5d20 on the Helmsman’s Security… and wound up with 8 momentum… plus the 6 saved in the pool… thus iproving to 20 effect dice… they popped the borg cube…

It’s memorable for being so damnably munchkin.

The other memorable moment was a homebrew adventure… They found an Iconian tower… just after some Romulans… a running gunbattle on a 5 floor map with 3-5 zones per floor, not counting the zone for each stairway. They were unable to decipher the iconian, but documented it heavliy… and as a sign of “no hard feelings” not only returned the Romulan tactical team unharmed, but also gave a copy of the data. I think I was using the Thunderchild; it was late on in platest era.

One of my favorite moments was in one of the firsts scenario I mastered with my players. It was it the “Signals” game. The team was underground, the security officer watching the mine elevator. The Romulans were supposed to ambush them but roll very poorly including many 20’ste. The Security officer on the other hand crits to spot them. He then shoot the rope scoring 6+ successes and used them to modulate power and make it look natural. The romulans were heavily wounded, they searched their bodies to prevent suicide items, sedate and healed them, solve the scenario, then located the romulan ship and returned the romulan team to their ship bargaining a commendation letter from the Romulans government for rescuing a romulan exploration team after an unfortunate accident.
And they “rescue” another Romulan team in another scenario. After several incidents The Talshir has some directives about avoiding their ship if possible. The Sensor Operator hobby is to spot invisible ship in the vicinity so caution is advised.

Another fun moment was with the Engineer and the Doctor who were not with the other players because the players were sick this day. I made a special light session for them some days later. There was a baby made older by tachyons emissions. They tried to make a special holodeck for him adjusting little by little to help the baby to adapt to his five years old body. On every roll they both critically succeed (3-6 successes) and generate threat (even after re-rolling 1d20 they still got 20’s on the roll and sometimes they got 20 on re-roll too). So I create complications, so new rolls, so new complications. More than 40 threat were generated by mere bad luck (after some point I stopped counting). The final result, they created an IA who to avoid being destroyed fused with the kid and the ship, they fused together, who was hidden, who can’t be removed without killing the kid,the IA is at the same time the kid and the ship and became a major part of the game. The good side is that the kid was watched and educated by the Betazoid Ship counselor player so he was educated with Starfleet values at heart but it took some time for the IA part of the kid to be discovered.