The Great Game: Houses of the Landsraad

Yes, that’s pretty much exactly how it is done. Each House essentially has its own skills and assets.

Thanks for the info, just even more reason for me to buy the book.

1 Like

When will this book be available in the UK again (from UK retailers)? The postage from the USA is huge!

It looks like it is available on the Modiphius UK web store.
Not sure about any shortages at your FLGS, but the distribution channels for those are notoriously opaque and inefficient.

Dune: The Great Game: Houses of the Landsraad (PRINT) (modiphius.net)

1 Like

Hmmm sadly £8.48 for postage is extortionate so assumed that was coming from the States!

I should add we’ll be at UK Games Expo next weekend and we’ll have lots of Dune stuff there if anyone needs to stock up postage free. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lovely! I like the services idea! Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

From canada. The book is not listed in any store. Not even for pre order. Is this normal ? Do you have a release date for north america

The Modiphius US store shows they have 273 units in stock and they supposedly ship to Canada from there. (With a warning that it could take up to 3 weeks)
Not sure how the cross border aspect impacts things though. I know that EU to UK cross border is an absolute pain these days.

Thank you. I always buy my rpg from a nearby store. All other book for Dune rpg was available for pre order with them. But this book is not listed.

I guess my question is, do this book is going to be available in store like all other book or now, they are only available witj internet.

Is this a printing speed problem or a change in how they sold there product.

I asked Danny at UKGamesExpo about this one as well.
The stock is in the North American distribution channels. Beyond that it is out of Modiphius’ hands for how fast it moves through the system.

He did say that he aims to get stock into all the regions before release so it can be simultaneous (Modiphius being based in UK did used to release in UK while stock was still moving abroad). Looks like it hit a snag somewhere along the line here.

Not much help, but it is hopefully on it’s way.

Yup. Its more about how fast the boats can get across the Atlantic than the printing. But everything we make will get everywhere eventually.

I don’t know if here is the beat place for it, but i just bought a pdf copy of this book, and i noticed a handful of errors. The stylised capital letters on the start of each chapter are bleeding on the text around of it, and making them unreadable

What pdf reader are you using? The oversized first letter issue has been noticed in a few pdfs when using the smaller pdf readers. They check adobe acrobat and the other large ones, but not all of them so sometimes there are formatting issues.

I’m using on my phone, but I’ll try and see if the same also happens on my PC. And weirdly enough, this has obly happaned on this book (the main book, sand and dust, and Power and Pawns all appear normally)

Edit: Just opened the PDF on my PC, and it is working normally

It is sadly a known issue on some pdf readers.
We’ve not been able to solve it I’m afraid, although we do test the pdf on a number of different readers.
It should work fine on acrobat and Goodreader (those are the ones I use) and a few more.

I’ve put the info from the Houses of the Landsraad book into this calc. I’m not great at formatting, so let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Also I took some liberties with some NPCS and stuff, so there are some minor differences. But overall works pretty well.
Changes; added bonuses for Bene Gesserit and Truthsayer house rolls. Added traits to various status, like “predator” if your military force is strong enough. Modified bonuses for Marshal. Modified criteria for favor from various groups.

1 Like

Is there a way to get digital art like the nice banners from each House?

1 Like

What sort of thing do you mean?
A release of digital image files you can use for handouts, or wallpaper, or something else?

Is there a place to access printable versions of the Planet Record Sheet, Moon Record Sheet, House Management Record Sheet, and House Record Sheet? I purchased a Print copy of the book, but I didn’t receive a PDF code or anything like that.