Taking the FEV plunge

We recently had a situation happen in our game in which a vault dweller character tried to swing across the supports under a catwalk situated over a series of large vats filled with FEV. I say tried because he rolled so abysmally on his initial roll, the re-rolls that our GM gave him, the AP he used after the fact. It was like fate had determined that this vault dweller was going to end up going for a swim.

So the question, “Does that make me a super mutant now?” was asked. As we were ending the session on a cliff hanger (I guess a cliff diver at this point), we left it to our GM to figure it out. But we haven’t been able to find a situation like this addressed by the rules. Is it addressed in the rules anywhere? Is that not possible?

In all honesty, this is certainly under the purview of the GM. There’s nothing official in any of the books.

As a GM, I’d allow the player to become a Super Mutant. The easy way is to allow this is to simply switch their origin. If they had SPECIALs that don’t work with the Super Mutant origin, just let them adjust the SPECIAL points as needed.

2 Likes

Thanks. We might have been overthinking it because our group is new to this system. Sometimes the best solutions are the ones you walk around while trying to solve your problem.

1 Like

Always happy to help.

Or GM can be 'mean :smiley: ’ and make him a bit ill and ‘looking a bit green around the gills’ etc… to stretch out the fun before letting him know if he’s a Mutant or not now .

2 Likes

Ooooooh! That is an awesome idea!