Star Trek Adventures Online Character Generator

NO! In addtion to… not instead of…

It’s certainly been a thing in the back of my mind. If Utopia Planetia has good rules for Starbase creation (as Jim seems to be teasingly implying) it probably makes sense to wait for that to come out before tackling Starbases.

BC

3 Likes

Using the new version I ran into an issue today with creating a TOS era Vulcan science officer. The creation process seemed to work normally, but printing the PDF dropped off the 4th Talent. I didn’t have time to check the other character sheet options.

Which character sheet? The TOS sheet?

Yes, the TOS sheet

I did some additional testing, and wasn’t able to reproduce the error that you’re reporting.

I did notice something wrong: apparently the list of talents was displaying options that you’ve previously selected. So, is it possible that you double-selected one particular talent (and therefore, when you hit the end, there were only 3 unique talents)?

Ah, so it would seem user error is the cause. :slight_smile:

Looks like the question of the Luna-class and the Mission Pod has finally been settled. Lunas have Mission Pods.

BC

1 Like

ayup. also looks like the mission pods have been expanded, Nebby and Loonie crews are going to love the new mission options they have

Making an Efrosian character and when I get to pick a talent Visual Spectrum is not on the list to choose from. Is this an error or am I missing something?

Bug. I’m hoping to do a push this weekend, and that’ll fix it up.

BC

3 Likes

Sorry to be a pain but any update on this?

I added it as an issue on github, if you have a different experience than what I describe, add to that issue’s discussion: Visual Spectrum talent not appearing · Issue #72 · bcholmes/StarTrek2d20 · GitHub

Sorry: I was trying to complete a somewhat vexing change before pushing the code, and that took me longer than I expected. It is now pushed, and you should be able to create Efrosians the way the great Efrosian ancestors intended.

BCing you

4 Likes

I used the generator to create a Klingon and it’s sad Klingons don’t have the 2 pages option

Oh yeah? What were you hoping for? The “official” Klingon second page with the caste and house details, or a second page like the TNG one, with Talents descriptions?

BC

Talent and role description is so helpful with players

1 Like

I think there’s a problem with Klngon creation the choice of their division (it’s not the name for klingon but you got the idea) is skipped and extra points are added (but technically not usable totally) as a result of the bug

Sorry: I don’t think I follow. I just tried it, myself, and was prompted for Klingon training options: Command Officer, Enlisted Warrior, Technical Officer, Labourer…

BC

Although it would be nice to get the full official second page, once house support is implemented (Klingon House Support · Issue #26 · bcholmes/StarTrek2d20 · GitHub, not sure how hard/easy it is though).

I also didn’t seem to have an issue with going through a KDF character, as far as I could tell. Did note that the tool calls their discipline choice “majors” which seems odd (added it to #42).