STA on Fantasy Grounds

Does Modiphius have any idea what is going on with this?

Is there a way to access the test files? I’d love to run it! Starting a game with friends.

Yes. Still working with the developer.

Is there any ETA of when it will be out or at least to Beta?

It seems like about 4 months ago it was almost ready to go to Beta, then a lot of delays. In the last month or so noone has wanted to comment on it much in the way of updates, including the Developer.

Does anyone at Modiphius know what the hold up is for getting an official version on Fantasy Grounds? The Developer, Nerd Eye is saying their done and just waiting for approval, and Fantasy Grounds seems to be saying they aren’t the bottle neck. As a faithful customer, can I get an update on where the project stands and is there a time frame estimate?

On the sidelines here and just saw this. I’d love to buy this when it hits. I’d actually be able to get some use out of my FG.

Hi all. I’m ooking for an official update for Star Trek Adventures on Fantasy Grounds. I’m getting from the Developer that the work is mainly waiting on Modiphius to approve the work. I’ve been a fairly faithful customer the past few years and I was looking for any word about a time frame for approvals. Is it close? Let me know and thanks

It may not actually be modiphius- everything has to get approved by CBS as a licenced product and that can take time

It may not actually be modiphius- everything has to get approved by CBS as a licenced product and that can take time

That may or not be the case.
But it is silent on Modiphius side .
This can be easly solved by providing an answer to our questions.

best bet is to message support

You can message support@modiphius.com any time.

There’s no information on STA on Fantasy Grounds to share publicly at this time. Work proceeds within Modiphius and the various third parties on developing the platform, any testing options, and then roll-out. Major projects like this involve a lot of moving parts. When there’s news to share with the public, I’m confident Modiphius will share as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Hi all. I went through the customer service section and got an update. They are working with Nerd Eye and say they think a couple of weeks work left. I’m not sure after that if it goes right to Smiteworks and if so how long they will take, but at least there is a known course.

Let’s hope that is the case.

Not necessarily an Earth week. It’s star trek after all (and also Stardates are flexible to say the least).

So, are we talking relativistic time, and if so, what percentage of c. are we going? Lol

I would estimate somewhere around .25c

So we can expect a first contact on the 5th of April

What will modiphius release for the VTT in fantasy grounds.
To my knowledge Fantasy grounds great strength is implementing rules set.
But what about star trek assets (tokens, furniture, computers,…)?
And what if you want to use those assets in an other programs?
I purchased and use the VTT program Arkenforge for my RPG campaigns, so I’m not planning on buying another program or pay for a subsciption.
The program works great (Full audio and ambiance engine, video & animated assets, full dynamic ambient lighting system, multy screen support), and they are entirely community driven and are very responsive to feedback and critique.
I even backed their kickstarter Scifi kickstarter (Arkenforge Sci-fi Kickstarter - YouTube)
However I’m willing to pay for Star Trek assets, so I hope they plan on selling them to be used in the VTT program of our choosing.
What assests wil be released and in which order. It would be cool to have them sell species & factions and timeline (Original, TNG, Future) asset packs (Andorian, Bajoran, Borg, Cardassian, Dominion, Federation, Ferengi, Gorn, Hierargy, Hirogen, Iconians, Kazon, Klingon, Kremin, Kobali, Malon, Nausicaans, Ocampa, Orion, Pralor/Gravic, Reman, Romulan, Species 8472, Talaxian, Tholian, Turei, Tzenkethi, Vaaduar, Viidian, Voth, Vulcan,…).
What are your thoughts?

yes, you just have to wait 42 years? :grin: