Previous rpg—Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium

Wonderful Flavour… Terrible Crunch. I ran 2? sessions with the LUG rules and then wrote my own treatment, using D20 Modern. Some of it is uploaded here Dune RULBUK | RPG Item | BoardGameGeek

i will polish up my Moritani - GInaz Kanly notes, and my Caladan campaign and share here at some point.

2 Likes

I have a copy of the original, as well as complete sets of the CCG. The art was great, and looking back on it even being produced was a miracle given how fast they worked to get it out, and with basic computers too. Perhaps the best thing about it was it predated the non-Frank Herbert stuff, which I loathe for its lack of subtle plots and twists.
I was comparing mentat abilities for LUG Dune and Modiphius Dune. Some interesting possible additions could be used, but I have found the coverage of mentats in M:Dune to be fine.
However, how does the Juice of Sapho work? Does it reduce difficulty by 1 for each dose you drink, or what?

1 Like

It is an asset so normally it will work by reducing the difficulty of the task by 1 per quality level.

Looking at the keywords it is also Addictive so you could use it against someone as well. Assume you had captured an enemy Mentat. You could have the Sapho out during an interrogation to distract them and make it harder for them to resist, raising their difficulty by the quality level instead.

1 Like