Mechanics of Dune

Basically yes. But its not you thats moving, but your weapon.
Dueling mimics the parry thrust of a knife fight so the target areas are the actual character. The guard areas are where they are blocking and parrying, if they have the right asset in the right hand. Each fighter moves their weapons about to get their weapon pas a guard area into the personal zone where they can make a strike that may end the fight (not just do some damage and carry on).

Very cool. Thank you!

1 Like

Erm, noone actually made any criticism so Iā€™m not sure why you feel the need to START SHOUTING about anything?

You asked if there were alternate rules for static stats: So far all thatā€™s happened is 2 people noted thereā€™s no such alternate option written in the rules, and 1 person (myself) asking why you want /expect those alternate rules written in, noting that Conan is an exception amongst 2d20 games on static stats.

The tone of your reply particularly implied that The architect play is superior to the static 2d20 Conan where they are equally good for telling different stories.

Also it is the only 2d20 system I played. I have no experience with others besides watching parts of actual plays for dishonored and realizing I donā€™t want to play as a player and have to figure out how fields of Expertise work.

If I am wrong and you had no negativity in you when writing your post, I apologize.

Hey, is the rpg line being pushed back a year like the movie release?

It is currently scheduled to come out spring 2021. So not pushed back as far as the Dune movie thankfully.
Hopefully we will be able to build up a few additional releases of adventures and source books by the time the marketing hype for the movie hits.

Yup, weā€™re still sticking to the original plan.
But we may have some extra goodies to coincide with the movie release.

Arrakis deep dive or gaming in the era of the Book, perhaps?
They feel the most thematic.