INF 2D20: possibly ripe for a Mass Effect port

Just here to skip the record yet again and point out that the majority of the systems and in game tech needed are in place in the system or easily modified. The major exception being biotic powers, Although i believe they could be forked from the hacking system with the HD being an implant and the programs the effects it can generate.

In addition, someone once told me that a proper ME ttrpg would need ship and vehicle rules allowing more interaction than chase scenes, this function is provided by the GM’s guide and the starships therein function in much the same way with smaller vessels relying on swooping maneuvers to bring axial guns on target while the big ships stand off and fire their BFGs at each other.

some food for thought to hopefully inspire more industrious and driven members of the community as I’ve yet to put the system to playtest.

1 Like

It seems to Me a very good Idea. . .

I suggest checking “Mutant Chronicles” for the possible option of Biotic Powers; while I’m not ULTRA expert of that System where Psychic Powers are NOT “Neutral” like in Mass Effect, but rather HEAVILY slanted towards “Satanic Darkness” (the Symmetry, Alien Invaders that are more or less “Undead Cenobites” of Clive Barker’s “Hellraiser” !!) and “Purity Light” (the Brotherhood, a POSITIVE Inquisition battling MORE for the Soul of Humanity RATHER than for Capitalistic Corporate gains !!!) that could be quite useful as well. . .

In particular by porting the Dark Symmetry “Stickth” of CORRUPTING into hideous living dead mutations the Humans (and Humanoids) they could represent the Reapers transforming the races of ME Galaxy into “Cannon Fodder”. . .

Peculiarly apt will be the “Banshees” the corrupted Asari, that from Mutant Chronicles could be guessed to be “Low Level Nepharites” (Nepharites are the High Officers of the Dark Symmetry; technically “Grunt Troopers” are gene-enhanced “D&D Zombies and Ghouls” while the Nepharites are “D&D Liches” with various grades of Cybernetics and Psy Powers due to specialization). . .

For a direct porting I own ONLY the Cybertronic Manual of Mutant Chronicles, that I found VERY useful for representing / porting inside Infinity “Primitive Partial Cybernetics” such as those that “Human Edge Pirates” will employ. . .

I will be very GLAD to contribute in whatsoever manner to this Idea. . . . !!!

1 Like

If you are interested in using Mutant Chronicles to emulate the Biotich Powers I think the best way would be to use the Psionic Powers of Ancient Guardians (described in the Mutants & Heretics sourcebook). I am not sure how much would have to be tweaked - I never played a Biotic Sheppard myself - but I guess it would easier to adapt thant the Art of the Brotherhood or the powers of the Dark Soul.

1 Like

Discussing the idea with a friend of mine (not interested in whatsoever R.P.G. but VERY knowledgeable about Mass Effect Universe) He underscored a very important fact. . .

In Mass Effect a Quarian Hacker / Salarian Engineer that does an “Hacking” (on a Geth Infantry Mech or a Remnant Drone from Andromeda Galaxy) is JUST doing a “Time Control Effect” while in the Infinity R.P.G. there are DECINES of useful programs for Stealth / Check / Sensors / Controls and so on. . .

Why simply not adapting a vast rooster of “Attack Infowar Rules” (NON Existant in Mass Effect Universe) with some more “Non Virtual Effects”. . .??

Even the most PHYSICAL of Biotic Psionics could be replicated easily; the various kind of “Biotich Push / Lashes” could be a “Infowar Trigger Roll” to “SHOOT” with the BARE Hands a sort of “Virtual +3 Knockback Nonlethal Heavy Shotgun” or a sort of “Virtual Grappling-Hook Harpoon”. . .

More “LETHAL” effects such as Biotic Explosions and Incendiary+Electric Combos (generated NOT ONLY by Biotic “Psionics” but ALSO by Engineers “Tech Gizmos”) could be instead “Virtual Heavy Fire-Based Bombs” or even the (Virtual) “Plasma Guns” of the Combined Army. . .

“Biotic Ninjas” like the Assassin Operatives of Cerberus could be SIMPLY “Executing” Stealth Infowar Programs that “Triggers” PHYSICAL Invisibility and so on. . .

. . . . .

In that manner it will be JUST a lenghty, but easy, process of “Re-Naming” YET Extant effects of Infinity Roleplaying Game. . . . .!!!