Forged specialty

Does the Forged +2 weapon specialty apply to weapons which light a target on fire as part of it’s normal damage (ie: incinerator, molotov cocktail, incendiary grenade), or does it only work on weapons that require you to spend a special effect symbol to cause fire (ie: flamer, Incendiary Assault Rifle, etc.)?

Perhaps a small distinction, but a big one where the specialty is concerned.

3 Likes

Hey,

The Forged reference card states the Speciality applies to weapons with non-Critical Special Effects that meet that criteria. Given that ‘Special Effect’ is a term within F:WW for the results on the blue dice, this rule would only apply to weapons like the Flamer which have a Special Effect that causes fire.

The Speciality would not apply to weapons like the molotov that you list in your first weapon grouping. This is because the ability to cause fire there is not part of a Special Effect.

Thanks!

1 Like

So it only applies to the flamer, incendiary assault rifle and the incendiary super sledge right? I didn’t found any other matching weapons

That was my reading as well, cheers. Thanks Dom!

1 Like

Hey,

Obviously, no one knows what could be coming in the future!

From what i could see looking at the weapon card PDF on our Downloads page, this Speciality would apply to;

• Incendiary Super Sledge
  • Mr Handy Flamer (this is a technicality, as I can’t imagine they’d be able to separate the Robot from the gun)
  • Flamer
  • Incendiary Assault Rifle
  • Incendiary Baton

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot :wink:

And the Shishkebab?? Could it be the energy weapon exception? It is a must in their faction :sweat_smile:

Hey,

Exceptions make things messy, so I’d say no.

Besides, Jake gives them access to it for free and Bedlam can help make it more accurate!

Thanks!