FAQ and Errata Thread

I own the book, and I’m sorry to say, reading this makes me regret buying it.

What happened to the proofreading? It went to print in this state?

This just feels shoddy and rushed. I’m not sure how else to describe it.

1 Like

I agree on many levels. Especially since I purchased the G.E.C.K. One problem is likely that it is the same person who edited the book and proofread it. That is often a bad idea. The editor is likely very well quailified, but had too much to do. The main proofreading troubles is in the last half and it is also there that are quite a few annoying errors - such as the statlines for creatures and NPCs.

I am wondering if Bethesda wanted it out faster than Modiphiüs could deliver or maybe the book was rushed to try and minimise the delay due to the shipping crisis? It all speculation, however.

I do look forward to some official errata - even if the document will be quite comprehensive. My group will make characters today and I am looking forward to running the game.

The game plays well but there are many errors. Most of them are typos as opposed to game breaking. I know that the playtesting went on hiatus during the initial COVID stuff and that may have factored in to things. It really does come across as being rushed to meet a set release date.

1 Like

Question i see that you can encounter zetan and, they have alien blaster, but i couldn’t find any mod that does mean that the alien blaster can’t have mod ?

Question for development team:

Why attributes can’t go below 4? Is there any mechanical reason for this?

Basically: if your target number for a skill test is too low, the odds of success, even with extra dice bought, becomes too small. At 4, you’ve only got a little over 1 in 3 chance of passing a difficulty 1 test with the base two dice.

So, we set a hard minimum of 4 for PCs, partly to avoid those low numbers and partly to curb extreme min-maxing.

Thank you for fast answer Sir

I tried to search for a similar question but did not find one answering this but with XP rewards is it meant for the total XP to be divided amongst the characters (so 30 with 5 players equals 6 xp each) or is every character suppose to get the same total xp? (so 30 in this example). I ran a adventure recently and realized I didn’t know.

Beverages x2 - 2 = 0-2
Beverages x2 - 3 = 0-1

Junk x4 - 1 = 3-4
Junk x4 - 6 = 0-2

This is how these rules work. If you come to zero in the minimum amount, then you subtract (if anything else needs to be subtracted) from the maximum amount.

Psycho is the combat drug that is the foundation of all of you mentioned. In a computer game, it increases all damage dealt, so you’re not the first to ask how it works;)

It should also be noted that Psycho does not increase strength, only aggression. Maybe someone under the influence of Psycho has no qualms about killing and always probably pulls the trigger? :wink:

p15 - “…in the past, all later tests to navigate have their difficulty reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0.” - All later sort of sounds like it implies that this first new trip doesn’t take that bonus
That isn’t the case right? It’s implying you’ve been on the trip before and now all tests take -2?

Because when it’s not your first time in an area, it’s easier to navigate it. That’s why future trips to the same area have reduced difficulty, but your first one doesn’t get the bonus

pg. 342: Deathclaw stat block

“WEAK SPOT: If an attacker chooses to target the deathclaw’s torso, it ignores the creature’s DR. This does not apply against hits which hit the head due to random chance.”

I believe head should read torso in this entry.

A different question I have is why do Deathclaws feel so underwhelming? Several creatures and NPCs that have higher damage than them seem like they shouldn’t based on the videogames. Mirelurk hunters have 3 more CD on their claws and are level 12. In Fallout 3, Mirelurk Hunters had only 50 base melee, compared to the Deathclaw’s 100. In Fallout 4, Standard Deathclaws have 60/120 base melee, while the Mirelurk Hunter catches up a little at 50-75 melee. But that hardly matches or even exceeds the horror of the “1 hit 1 kill” deathclaws we experienced playing through Bethesda’s games.

I’m aware Deathclaws have Rend, but even with rend the deathclaw is making an attack at difficulty that still does less damage than a Mirelurk hunter. Deathclaws were things you had to bullfight and kite away because they could kill you in one hit. These things in 2d20 are basically as deadly as a particularly strong man with a baseball bat. What happened here? Why do they seem so weak? There are other creatures in the rulebook that are actually deadly (and correspondingly a higher level)

This could have been done intentionally, but it seems more like an honest mistake as there is no explanation as to why they are so weak when the lore also says they are incredibly deadly.

Is there an errata I missed or are the designers going to leave it as is?

Just found and bought the core book at my local game store. After reading these forums I get that the book has just been released, and apparently there are quite a few errors in the first printing. I think I’ve seen close to 60 different issues posted in these forums. Does anyone have a link or information on correction timelines? I’ve downloaded the pdf but it has the same errors.

1 Like

Hi, just want to confirm: is there no extra damage for headshots? Feels weird that most characters can take a .308 or even .50 to the head with no helmet and walk away from that.

I mean characters in the video game survive getting shot in the eyes (valid V.A.T.S. targets in the old games) without lasting issue. It’s just one of those abstractions that helps keep the flow going.

Most shots to the head a) don’t have to contend with as much DR and b) inflict Stun on an injury which is very potent.

The following Mods have No Descriptions or Line Entries on Charts (Other than Loot Chart) so no idea what they do or rarity etc…

Gauss Rifle ;

• Capacitor, Capacitor-boosting Coils

Armor Mods;

• Lighter Build

• Pocketed

• Deep Pocketed

• Lead-Lined

• Ultra-Light Build

Is there a list anywhere of these Mods that are missing from the Main Book?
I emailed Modiphius 2 weeks ago but haven’t gotten a reply.

Apologies if this one’s been reported already, but:

On page 387, under Attacks in the Raider Boss enemy entry, one of the attacks is written as FRAGRENADE - should probably be FRAG GRENADE instead

Page 270: Bean, the robot at Slocum’s Joe, is referred to as a barrister.

Whereas he MIGHT be qualified to practice British Law, I think “barista” was the word you were looking for.

Just in case I’m blind and may have missed it…
In the crafting rules, when your rank in the relevant skill reduces the complexity of the item being crafted, does that reduced complexity also effect the amount of materials required?
E.G.
If I am crafting Tempered Raider Armor (Complexity 3) and have a Repair skill of 3, the complexity is reduced to 0.