Defending Attributes

I more often than not use Daring + Reason.

Theres a tangential sidebar on this topic in the Talents section of JCM, I believe.

Kaor, Doc-Savage,

While what you say above is true, bear something in mind. The sidebar on page 41 or the Core Book addresses this to a certain extent, but when it comes down to it, a character who is constantly using their best Attributes for tasks (whether with Talent or without) is not going to get as much Renown (in my campaign), since people expect that of them. On the other hand, succeeding magnificently with an Attribute pair that may not be the highest, whether through the judicious use of Threat, Momentum and/or Luck, will truly deserve the accolades they get. At least, that’s my personal view on this matter.

And sometimes, like in the novels, characters will have to do things that they don’t excel in or perhaps aren’t even able to do. That’s the test of the true hero. :slight_smile:

JohnK

1 Like

I was thinking of taking the rulebook and combing through all of the examples to find what combination of stats best represents which types of actions. Defense = Daring + Empathy, that kind of thing. Seems like it would be a great resource for the inside of a GM screen.

Has anyone done this? I’d hate to spend a lot of effort on a project, only to find that someone has already beat me to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like