Creating Location Traits

So say players are in the Wormsign scenario and the pilot is a ‘very good’ pilot (using their own characters) and scores multiple successes on his piloting test. Could he use some of the momentum generated to add a trait to the area called ‘search pattern’ or something similar to give the rest of the players an easier time with their search rolls to find the smugglers? Working things out in my head and it makes sense, but unsure if it would be mechanical to do…or just represent that by using the momentum generated on their tests.

1 Like

Definitely. Spending 2 momentum allows you to create a trait for a scene, so if your pilot is generating excess momentum it sounds perfectly thematic to say some of that goes towards that trait.

Not that the momentum has to come from the piloting roll, the party could just agree to spend banked momentum and get the same result as long as they can justify it.
Always nice when it dovetails so well though.

3 Likes

Thanks, I wanted to use that as an early example of how they can create traits/assets without it being a more involved situation.

2 Likes

So let’s see if this worked right (thanks for being an everpresent face on the forum and answering questions!)…we finally got started last night. Playing through Wormsign for a starter. Instead of the above example, our envoy/representative on the orinthopter has both Passive Scrutiny and Putting Theory Into Practice. He also has an informant in Arrakis. His informant, we decided, brought information of the smugglers to him and he to House Ekarius which started their mission. He asked about the smugglers and after learning a bit about using Scrutiny he created the ‘nervous’ trait for them as the informer was fairly certain they were a small operation and worried about being discovered. Felt natural and we let that roll into the RP for negotiating once they got to the cave/camp.

4 Likes

Sounds perfect to me.

1 Like