Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook

Regarding the Grazerite species talent, Horn-Sense, it seems odd that it’s available with the GM’s permission for non-Grazerties considering that it’s described as being a result of some of a genetic variance that results in some of their species having hollow horns.

Is the “with Gamemaster’s permission” an accidental copy paste, or is the idea that anyone can be sensitive to subtle vibrations and pressure changes?

It’s intentional. Possible that players might come up with a custom horned species that could use the talent, or adjust the flavor text to allow for a PC of a different species to use the talent’s effect. System is pretty flexible.

1 Like

Alright. The reason I ask is that that a lot of the Species Talents that seem more physical in nature – like the Tellarites’ Sturdy, or the Klingons’ Brak’lul – appear to be species specific.

Obviously the GM has final say regardless, but it seemed odd to me that it was different for this talent in particular.

1 Like

In several cases, the species talent is the same mechanics as another species’ named talent.

Is this actually shipping now?
What’s the best way to get it without paying a lot for postal to the US?
Will it likely get to my FLGS in the next week or so
Thanks!!

The RPGG news post notes that it’s supposed to hit stores this week, but not whether that’s world-wide or just the UK.

I got the PDF almost a month ago, via DriveThru

I picked mine up at GenCon. Beautiful book. I wouldn’t be able to stand this wait between pdf release and it getting to US FLGS.
Garrett

1 Like

Beaming into my living room tomorrow.

2 Likes

Love the book, getting deep into the planning of my campaign now.

I understand the problems with adding content with Discovery, I’ve been trying to research and follow the rights issues with the various Star Trek licenses these past few weeks as a by-product of my exploration into Kelvin and Prime timelines and it’s making my head explode…

1 Like

This is really good! And it makes me excited for all the weirdo Delta species that were on VOY.

Though it does make me wonder what the heck will be in a gamma quadrant book other than the dominion?

The Dominion is about the only thing that is known to the Federation about the Gamma Quadrant. Also, it seems that their dominion (pun intended) stretches across the majority of the Quadrant. So I imagine we’ll see species write-ups for several Dominion members (Dosi, Karemma, Vorta, Jem’Hadar), as well as more Dominion adversary vessels, advice on running missions during the Dominion war, and points of interest like the other end of the wormhole, the place where Kai Opaka stayed to help, etc. If this book is any indication, they won’t struggle to fill all the pages! :grin:

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’re liking ALPHA. I can’t wait till you get a chance to see GAMMA and DELTA. So much fun stuff in there. We just did not have enough page count for everything.

Guess I better plan some more supplements, heh. :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes! I can’t wait to hear what the next ones are going to be! Will you be announcing several upcoming books at once like you did with the original line?

Probably. The next slate of releases after SNW, Gamma, and Delta are coming together and I imagine the marketing pros at Modiphius will want to release news in appropriate timing along with all the other stuff Modiphius plans to announce on all the other games and products they have cooking.

5 Likes