Aircraft examples?

Do we have any examples of aircrafts (stats, prices, technology used)?

I found rules for aircrafts in GM book, but that nothing about machines.

1 Like

As far as I know: sorry, but no!
But I still hope for an equipment guide/book: vehicles!

2 Likes

So I did not miss anything. Shame :frowning:

We will get TAG suplement, Ships of the Human Sphere and I hope eventually also Technology of the Human Sphere, but none of them promises explicitly any air vehicles.

We get ground vehicles in faction books but none air ones.

1 Like

The issue of flying vehicles is quite complicate ALSO in the Tabletop Wargame gameworld background that generated the RPG. . .

For an example there is a VERY COOL art piece in the Basic Manual with a couple of Pòayers Character flying in a big, heavy “Jet Bike” while followed by chasing Aerial Drones. . .

But as far the Gameworld Technology is concerned the HUMAN Faction have NO ACCESS to “Antigrav Technology” (that is reserved to Aliens like the Combined Army or the “Trustworthy Allies” of the Tohaa) and ESPECIALLY for a Miniaturized Vehicle like the Jetbike. . .

So the consensus was about the Art Piece:

1°) Is TOTALLY Human Techm but is technically a Fighter Jet Turboreactor with a couple of Bike Saddles strapped on; HIDEOUSLY costly in term of Fuel Consumption and quite DIFFICULT to properly pilot (especially amongts Tree-Heavy Forest Camopies or narrow Urban Areas). . .

2°) Is STILL Human Technology, but the Art depict a Spaceworthy Colony around a Human Planet, where there is a MEAGER Gravity Level (due to a slow “Coriolis Rotation” of a “O’Neill” cylindrical space station orbital); the Low Level of Gravity will explain a LOWER Fuel Consumption and a better “Flight Control”. . . . .Such as a Technology Vehicle would be designed RATHER for going OUTSIDE the Orbital Habitat (acting as a “Repair Space Sled”), but for the larger Colonies could be enough space inside for “Merry Flying Chases”. . .

2°) Is a piece of “Reverse Engineered” Alien Tech, repurposed towards Human-Made Controls; costly, EXTRA rare and difficult to LEGALLY own (much like a HIDEOUSLY destructive “Alien Plasma Rifle”) could be ANYWAY possible for “P.C. Elites” (such as O12 Top Agents, Megacorp Panoceanian Lobbyists, Haqqislam Merchant Princes or Imperial State Security). . .

. . . . .

The consensus of “Urban City Flyers” in the Gameworld is for “Lower Tech” Factions like Ariadna, Free Japan or Fringe Colonies to have something akin to Modern “VTOL Aircrafts” like the ones employed by U.S.Army Ranger Corps (but better controls, less Fuel Guzzling and longer ranges) for deploying Elite SWAT / Army Troops or a “V.I.P. Entourage” on the highest skycrapers. . .

The “Hi Tech” Factions such as Pan Oceania, Yujing State Service or RICH Haqqislamites of the “Silk Guild” would have FAR BETTER Vehicles, able to take off from Planetary Surfaces and go into Near Orbit (or detach from a Circular “Spaceship Train” and land on a Planet, like as depicted in the Outrage Manga). . .

The Military Versions of such “Shuttle Dropship” would be akin to the ones of the Colonial Marines of Aliens, but sleeker and more efficient, shaped like a “Hunter Killer” from Terminator Movies or a “Pelican Shuttle” from the H.A.L.O. Videogames. . .

For slower ranges, in a Urban Megacity ambient, there is a vehicle called “Azure Dragon” that is declared to be similar to a United States Police Chopper but BETTER in everything (able to deliver a Small Fireteam of Elite Troopers or EVEN a Light T.A.G.). . .

To have a comparison between our contemporary real world I fear that the Price Ranges (and Fuel Consumption to be paid by enterprising Players) would go from “Newscasts Chopper” to “Gulfstream Private Linear Jet”. . .

2 Likes

Ariadnas are supposed to be less advanced, but they do have power armors, so they are still more advanced than us today!

I would expect them to have in general use something similar to current newest designs and (in case of military and elite) access to something much better.

2 Likes

The gist of the Ariadnan Powered Armour is that with the “Fuel Battery” (a VERY abstract concept in the Infinity Roleplaying Game) is that with the “Interface” and “Motor Workhorse” that is ENOUGH to have mobile a Pan-Oceanian ORC (and so their more advanced “Military Order Knights” customized Suits) or a Yujing Invincible (whose “Personalized Elite” versions seems the Hsien Suits) the “Atek of Planet Dawn” are able to have mobile something akin to a “Aliens Powerloader”, bulkier and slower. . .

So they ramp-up the Teseum Armour Plating and Hydraulic Servomotors (instead of the Artificial “Myomar” Fiber-Muscles that are underneath Hi-Tech Heavy Infantry Suit) to be able to carry MORE Guns and MORE Ammo. . .

A Hyperpower H.I. Armour is supposed to be a “S.W.A.T. Assault Entry Suit” very good to combat inside an Enclosed Building; U.S.Ariadnan “Blackjacks” and ESPECIALLY the Kazak Ratniks, with their shoulder-mounted “Rocket Pods” are rather Mobile Support Gun Platforms that works like smaller, more agile “Mini TAGs” inside MILITARY engagements like storming a Enemy Rural Village by advancing and cleaning one “Road” at time. . .

The heavy Infantry Suits of the Ariadnan Armed Forces are UNPOWERED and Non-Hackable; I don’t remember if U.S.Ariadnan Armours are supposed to be H.I. or not, but they seem to be a Mix between Kevlar Undersuits and Rigid Plating for “Bomb Squad E.O.D.” of contemporary days. . .

While Kazak Veterans wear something that seem a Mix between a “Jin-Roh SWAT Suit” and a MEDIEVAL FULL PLATE; it is supposed that Kazak Veterans are “Russian Heavyweight Olympic Lifters” levels of Athleticism, able to run and jump inside EXTRA cumbersome Suits. . .

Mormaers of the Highlander Clans are wearing LIGHTER Suits (a Mix between Knight Joust Plates and “Helghast Armour” from Killzone) but made in 100% Pure Teseum; essentially they are wearing “Magic Mithril Plate Armour” from a Fantasy World!!!

. . . . .

But I digress with Powered Armour while the gist of the question is “Aerial Vehicle”. . .

We could sum up that “Low Tech People” (Ariadnans, Rural Haqqislamites, Human Edge “Expanse Belter”, Border Colonies and Ateks) have “Aircrafts / Helicopters / Vtols” much like our OWN Contemporary Real World, but SLIGHTLY better. . .

Hitech Hyperpower Citizens (and so Player Characters with POWERFUL Backers) will have stuff that is EVEN more advanced, ranging from Blade Runner Skycars (who CARES if they are “Alien A-Grav Tech”, Hyperfunctional Vtols, Tilt-Rotors powered by Min Fusion Reactors or “Space Magic” SO LONG they Works as intended), to “Serenity / Firefly” Orbital Dropship Shuttles to Star Wars stuff like the “Millennium Falcon”. . .!!

1 Like

No access to Grav?
Then I don’t understand the picture on page 214 of the corebook!

1 Like

They write something about hover-technology that sounds like total real-physics-BS, but it would allow construction of Star Wars-like vessels (what Luke had in New Hope) and also this from the picture.

Page 142 of GM guide, hovercraft.

The most advanced
are powered by sub-zero Apollo (…)
hyperflux pinning (…) quantum
vortex (…) apollonium alongside
hyperpressure skirts
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ok, but “Hover”-craft means normally something like this:
hovercraft
Maybe for increased technology up to 3 meters (10 feet) into the air and no fancy manoeuvres during the flight. Anything else would most likely be either VTOL or even Grav tech!

2 Likes

Like I said beforehand, there were NO CLEAR CUT communications between Modiphius Artists and Corvus Belli Writers. . .

Problem is NOT EVEN C.B. Staff are DECISIVE about how much “Star Wars Nimble Grav-Bikes” are some Vehicle and how much they are “Unamanageable Airplane Reactors with a Saddle”. . .

It seems that they have NOT released STILL some “Bike Miniatures” for the Combined Army because they have NOT decided if the Morats have something SO ADVANCED or they are more “Space Ork Retrogrades” (apart from Rural Haqqislamite “Desert Farmers” and Ariadnans thet are the ONLY Infinity Culture to still employ “Cased Ammo Gunpowder Guns” while EVERYONE other employ WEIRD “Liquid Metal Ammo Railguns”). . .

Infinity is a Game with a rich and complex Background, ever evolving and changing, so some “Continuity Issues” are the norm. . . . .

3 Likes

Yes, for realistic physics hovercraft would be like this. But as I read description of the vehicle in the book, it sounds like some quantum-magic stuff that is able to hover not on air cushion but on %put some pseudo-science jargon here%.

I have no problem with that, and would not expect it to be world/game braking if such a device, without true gravity manipulation would exist.

2 Likes

This still would left the problem with “hover”:
Regardless by which tech it works, a hovercraft move , because there is a “air bubble” (yes, I know not the correct name) under the vehicle. And you could only generate a bubble of a specific size, to lift the vehicle.
There is a similar problem with rotary wing crafts: they couldn’t make a looping without additional trusters, because they fly thanks to an “air bubble” ( yes I know again: not technically correct) under their rotary wing. When the craft reaches a certain tilt angle, the craft drops, because the bubble disappears!
And nothing could change this to facts, this are the limitations of this technologies. It is the same with fixed wings: they need a specific speed to be in the air. If the speed is reduced below this speed, the craft drops from air, and nothing could change this!

1 Like

From description it sounds like it is more magnetic-type repulsion than any pressure thing.

And of course it cannot be magnetic because it would require very specific surface to work.

I know that there is no real known force that would allow this technology to exist, but I have no moral objections to adding some exotic effect unknown in real world.

2 Likes

We could as well add the proven “Teseum + Nessium” magical trick. . .

Those two “Quantronics Hypermetallic Neomaterials” (found in abundance ONLY in Ariadna, where the Colonists lack the Hi-Tech Nanoforges to PROPERLY smelt it at the best state; otherwise EXTRA Rare and SUPER costly) are YET responsible for the possibilities of employing T.A.G.s as someone calculated that a similar Humanoid Exoskeletal Frame woul NOT be able to walk outside of reinforced concrete pathways, while the Military Mechas could happily walk on Rooftops. . . . .but they are made of “% Alloys” of the “Magic Metals” (really ranging from Adamantite to Vibranium to PURE “Handwavium”. . .) and so NO PROBLEM. . .

Should a G.M feel that Hoverbikes, Blade Runner Flycars and Star Wars Skimmers are COOL and EXPEDIENT to their games they could justify it by being “High % Teseum Alloy Prototypes” that are STRONGER than Orbital Steel but lightweight as Polymer Plastics. . . . .

2 Likes

It is a cool idea – by making vehicles very light of course it becomes much easier to create fake-anti-grav things. Don’t feel need to go all the way with this, but it will be nice to have for example a compact helicopter with a small rotor that is still able to fly without trouble.

Thanks!

2 Likes