Where does Discovery, Picard, Strange New Worlds, and Lower Decks fit in your ToS or TNG campaign?

If I do run a campaign again, It’s only going to be set around the TOS/TAS timeline. SNW/DIS exist in an alternate timeline so they won’t effect my campaign, I’m also not concerned with having my campaign stick to any idea of cannon or 100% matching what might be expected from tv shows or movies. I am also likely to pull elements from SFU to add to my campaign to fill out the world/setting with more factions and galactic political events and goings on. I might also mix in some TNG factions (cardassians, ferengi).
This is my slice of Trek that makes for an enjoyable experience

1 Like

I’m ignoring Discovery & Lower Decks. I haven’t seen the other newer series. I saw the 1st 2 seasons of Discovery and the 1st season of Lower decks and was not impressed at all. However if I can lift or modify something from the Discovery RPG material to fit I will.

Discovery was painful to watch as it had bad writing, tons of really bad science errors (the one about viruses not killing there host made me have to stop watching and take a break when I checked out seasons 1 & 2 from the local library as that and other bad science was making me ill.) , along with bad set design, and lighting, continuity issues, the acting, writing and the characters were not likable at all.

Lower Decks was annoying the characters were not sympathetic and I could stand the ADD/ADHD behavior that the show and characters had. (Maybe some one in the future thought that having more alpha waves would make people calmer and relaxed and ignored that this is not true and the characters got there brain waves messed up which is why the characters stupid kids with ADD/ADHD. People with ADD/ADHD make excises amount of alpha waves and alpha wave are not an indicator of a relaxed state.)

Nothing but Star Trek, Star Trek: The Animated Series, and Star Trek: The Next Generation for me. I liked some Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager episodes but don’t care for the militaristic and nihilistic direction the franchise went after Star Trek: The Next Generation and the “prequel” series all conflict too much with what came before them so they’re out.