Psywar: Techniques and Damage

Want more experienced Infinity players to check my math on a recent attack.

Have a PC use a Coax attack on an NPC which succeeded. The chart indicates a Coax attack results in 1+4CD damage. PC adds 2CD due to a high ability so 6 CD. Rolled a 6,6,6,6,4,6.

My understanding of this is that the PC did no damage since 6s are only effects and there don’t seem to be any effects associated with Coax attacks.

Am I correct in my understanding?

The standard damage is 1+4CD, in your PC’s case 1+6CD. Effects ("6"s) don’t do anything in standard Psywar attacks.
So your result is 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 1 point of Resolve damage.

In Infinity (as in Mutant Chronicles 3) the damage code has usually a fixed value (here the 1) and a variable value (expressed in damage dice). Any successful attack always causes at least the fixed value.
(BTW - in Conan and other 2d20 games where no fixed value is used, you can actually cause NO damage on a successful attack, but not in Infinity or Mutant Chronicles.)

FrankF - thanks much for the response and the clarification. The confirmation of no effects on Psywar attacks is what I was looking for.

Also, the five 6s threw me because I was looking for at least a 1 damage initially (Conan was my first 2d20 game). Will definitely modify my expectations.