"Persuading" the PCs into interesting choices

Sounds like there are a lot of rules/refinement from other 2d20 games that could (or should) be folded into Conan (thematically re-named)

EDIT: Has anyone familiar with all the 2d20 games ever pcompiled a list of rules that work great in Conan?
Some are simple enough:

• Only 1 Fortune point can be used per test/round - Achtung!
  • Bonus momentum cannot go into the group pool, but must be spent immediately or lost - Not sure which games (believe the Devs actually said this is how it should be played)
  • Additional dice costing 1:1 (1 Doom for the 1st, 2 Doom for the 2nd, 3 Doom for the 3rd)
  • Target numbers can’t go above 16 - newer games and per Devs here in the forums

However I’ve seen several mentioned as being great, but haven’t seen anyone actually give the specific mechanics of how they work. For example:

• Stealth rules from Infinity?
  • Mental attack/Threat range increases from Achtung?
  • Minion defense rules - John Carter
  • Refined Initiative rules from newer games? (although I prefer Barbarians of Lemuria Mythic initiative myself)

And I know I’ve seen other rules mentioned I can’t think of at the moment.
…damn. Now I just really want a revised Core Rule book. Ha!

4 Likes

Coming from FATE before this, the idea of giving out Fortune points as a reward for brave-but-dumb decision making really appeals to me. Is their a rules section that supports it?

2 Likes

Page 276 - First and foremost, Fortune points are given by the gamemaster during gameplay to reward players for good roleplaying, clever plans, successfully overcoming difficult
challenges, using teamwork, or otherwise making the game
more fun for all.

3 Likes

That last clause definitely covers it, I’ll be offering points for stuff like this going forward! Thanks!

1 Like