Is Kult the most visceral horror roleplaying game ever?

Hello
Curious: Why do you think its offensive for the present? I believe its textbook gnosticism for the most part.

Well, to be sure, Kult has already been censored from the Kickstarter edition (which I own). This was mainly in the art. I donā€™t think many punches have been held back from any of the scenarios written for it to date though, and the mooted new supplements (which may be announced in the next few days apparently) are looking like more scenario anthologies and a magic book.

I wouldnā€™t lose sleep on what they might omit - because they havenā€™t omitted anything yet.

Stop playing it then? Thatā€™s you choice, although your dislike for the current game doesnā€™t make your comments any more edifying for those who like it.

I thought you were inclined to discuss Kult, not just praise it. My mistake. Sorry to bother. I deleted my previous comments so this part of the thread wonā€™t be picked up by another user later. I thought it would be better to inform you in case you might want to delete yours too.

Well, good for you. Iā€™ve not said anything I feel embarrassed by though.

The only thing embarassing for me was bothering to try to engage in a discussion about Kult when I should have noticed by previous debates on this thread that you are too much of a Kult fan to be able to find any faults in it. Iā€™m also a Kult fan, just not happy about the new edition. Different approaches, I guess, but I still consider it one of the best horror RPGs ever.

You are engaging in ad hominem, not debating a game. Please start debating the game itself.

Whether you regard your own comments as offensive or not is irrelevant. You were attacking the person, not the argument.

Regarding the rest of your comments, I have addressed them already in previous responses above. Please start discussing the game, as above.

1 Like

Do not worry, I will certainly avoid any more discussions with you in the future.

1 Like

Youā€™ve already said that too. Please start discussing the game.

1 Like

Everyone, please try to get along together.

1 Like

Hi guys and gals. I have a couple of questions. Some might seem a tad bit silly but I really would appreciate your help and feedbackā€¦ Where to startā€¦? ( will try to keep it short).

Overall I am still quite new to ttrpgs. The group and I have barely been playing for a year or so. We play D&D but we do not play the new 5e. It was just not appealing to us. Thus we settled on old school AD&D 2e and we do not regret it. We are also a special kind of group. We do play sandbox style sessions as well as pre written adventures/modules but we do so without a DM/GM. We have a lot of random table books and most importantly we have the Mythic Gm emulator. It absolutely works for us. During travel some random stuff might happen. In a dungeon some random stuff might happenā€¦ you get the idea. We also enjoy playing with minis and terrainā€¦ and when the other guys donā€™t have time I can still play AD&D 2e solo using the Gm emulator!!!

We also do like horror themes as we will soon enter Ravenloft (still 2e).

Over the weekend I have done a tone of research on Kult, watched a lot of vids and read a lot of reviews/articles. My finger is itchingā€¦ I really dig the setting. I have been looking for something silent Hillesque for a long timeā€¦

I understand that Kult is more of a story driven rpg. Is it possible to still play with minis and terrain?( how does travel and locations work). Most importantly would it be possible to play using the Mythic GM emulator in a group as well as SOLO play? Do we get to fight the horrific entities?

thank you in advance for your help and feedback.

Kind regards.