Challenge Rating... Picking opponents that match up with player level

D&D has a challenge rating system used to pair up NPC monsters with the players and their levels so as to not outright kill any player too easily. I am not seeing anything like this in any of my books/pdf files. How does one choose a creature npc in this game to ensure a battle is challenging, fun and not a bloodbath on either side?
Thanks,
JSM

I tend to not worry about balance in Fallout 2d20 as much as something like D&D 5E.

Just be up front with your players at the very start. Some fights will be easy for them. Others might be lethally dangerous. Remind them that fleeing is a perfectly reasonable response to a potentially deadly encounter.

Ok thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry I wasn’t more specific. If you have any other questions, I’m happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

No I get it. It’s just like the video game. You see something up ahead and you decide if you think you can manage it. It’s good for me as an overseer though because I can use a deathclaw or something to make my party of player take a path I would rather they take. Like funneling. I love funneling players to places I want them to be. Muhahahahaha. :wink:

1 Like