Calming down a berserker

The Conan the Barbarian book introduces some nice berserk talents. The key element is the berserker rage. The description in the talent says:

To end the Enraged condition, you must make a Dire (D4) Discipline test. The Difficulty decreases to Daunting (D3) if you have killed an allied player or non-player character in the last round.

Does that also apply if the combat is over? Or could you reduce the Difficulty if the combat is over? I mean even a mindless ranging berserker should know when they have won. Further, I would let another character assist with Counsel to calm down the berserker. Am I seeing this correctly?

I think a persuade test from a PC should absolutely be allowed to calm down a berserker.

Enraged - Does that also apply if the combat is over? - YES (The Berserker is still working out that the battles won. Give the poor chap some momentum to help him calm down) Or could you reduce the Difficulty if the combat is over? - YES (the GM is sovereign at their table)

Thanks guys. That’s what I thought. If the battle is over, I will reduce the Difficulty of the Discipline Test to end the berserker rage from 4 to 3 and let another party member assist with Counsel or Persuade. With enough Momentum it should work out fine (hopefully nobody rolls a Complication, hehehe…)