U.S.S Venture Open Channel

Please restrict all Venture shipboard communications to this channel. Captains and Crew may discuss operations, strategies, mission briefings and general discussion.

Archive from old forum

SilentP13426 said Feb 09, 2017

In Scene 4, the following is stated:

A character analyzing the existing data and doing their own research may conduct a Timed, Extended Task with a Progress of 10 and a Magnitude of 4, and Resistance Soak of 4, with a Difficulty of 4.

I was under the impression that the Difficulty of an Extended Task was tied directly to the Magnitude, is this no longer the case, or is the Difficulty stated separately for the beginning value of ‘4’ as a reinforcement from where to start?

DavidRosson said Feb 09, 2017

I was under the impression that the Difficulty of an Extended Task was tied directly to the Magnitude

p21 “This base Difficulty is equal to the Magnitude, or one higher than the Magnitude, depending on how difficult the Extended Task is intended to be (higher is more difficult).”

“It’s not safe out here. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it’s not for the timid.” - Q
Star Trek RPG Files (Character Build Reference and Constellation Class Starship)

PicardX said Feb 09, 2017

Was the link sent out supposed to have an adventure in it? All I got was the same files as last time.

(Edit) Found it.

[Last edited Feb 10, 2017]

DavidBenson said Feb 09, 2017

My players and I were really hoping to get an adventure that takes advantage of the new ship combat rules. The adventure provided is a bit disappointing and underwhelming. I want to be able to provide feedback within the same framework as everyone else, so I’ll run it.