The Gravity of the Crime – trigger warning needed?

Might be worth looking at still in case people are running stuff at Conventions etc as not all DM’s read the whole plot before they start running

1 Like

I’m not saying GMs provide therapy. Just that RPGs are now being explored for therapeutic purposes due to the safe space RPGs provide. AS far as I understand how the Bodhana Group handles RPG therapy, they run a game session with the GM being their to solely run the game. The therapist observes the session in action and then uses the information to work with the players needing the mental and behavioral health. Here’s a youtube link talking about Therapeutic RPG play with a Panel held at PAX Unplugged:

1 Like

The problem is, we never know what will be helpful/baneful for individuals. Were I to include this plot in my game, I would take aside the folks I thought vulnerable and ask them how they felt about it. Using their advice I would elect to include or ignore this subject. We play to have fun, not to be traumatized.

2 Likes

I’ve been pretty fascinated by some of the tools and techniques developed in, for example, the TTRPG Safety Toolkit, for navigating precisely these kinds of waters:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/114jRmhzBpdqkAlhmveis0nmW73qkAZCj

2 Likes