Need an Appeals Magistrate

Oh. Yes. Yesyesyes. :smiley:

While I would totally do the arbiting, I would never require one myself, neither as GM nor as a Player. :smiley: Neither am I that simulationist (GNS-model terminology, here), nor is STA a simulationist game, nor would I expect this to be a good solution for the groups I play with. Playing RPGs is, first and foremost, a social activity, depending on a social contract within the group - that outsiders are not part of. I’m convinced that this sort of conflict cannot be solved purely by rules.

While the concept of resorting to an impartial outsider is a very cool idea, I would at least include an outsider everybody (or, at least the parties to the conflict/trial) know. Could be a friend of another gaming group, a former member of the gaming group, a partner, etc.

On that note, there was a thread about Appropriate Discipline Onboard a Starship long ago, and one on Court Martials in-game. I also started a thread on Court Martial Episodes some time ago, sharing some experiences I had with a group gaming another RPG system. :slight_smile:

@â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  @Sparky I would love to read about the case and its outcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like