Dismember spell

I got my reply on the other thread I created here. Sorted:

Modiphius-SteveHModiphius Moderator

6h

From Benn, our Conan rules guru:

“suggesting that the one standard action won’t be enough. It says that “the spell creates an effect that the sorcerer can attempt to use, but actually using that effect requires other actions and other skills” and talks about using fortune or momentum (presumably 2 momentum i.e. full Swift Action) if you want to the spell to “use its effects” in the same turn you cast it via a second standard action.” This is leeway for the GM to determine, if in thier opinion a spells use would not be immediate, or a spell might require additional actions to lead to the result the caster seeks. Dismember is immediate. It has to be or its just a worse form of Crossbow.

“For example, if I cast Haunt The Mind to create a swarm of stinging illusory bees for a few turns, in which standard action does my adversary see and potentially believe the bees? And in which standard action can I try to do damage with them?” This would be instanteous. A better example would be If i cast fury of the elements to destroy a bridge and I cast the spell and the GM says cool, but you need another action to make a Craft D2 test to recognise where to focus the spell for that effect. And yes, you could do the craft then the spell and thats just fine.

1 Like