Where to get terrain/cover objects?

I go with 1/43 scale vehicles myself.

1 Like

That bus looks amazing. Unfortunately, where I live there are no model shops remaining beside ours, and we tend to stock only limited amount of scale models. Mostly 1/35, 1/48 and 1/72. I looked at 1/48 but they looked a tad bit too small so i went with this. I tried to hide the size by making them half buried, but got a suggestion for the red pickup to have it in a scenario to make it repairable. If the players succeed i’ll be adding armor plates and weapons through the campaign :slight_smile: if not, il just half bury it like the rest :slight_smile:

I simply ebayed some 1:43 toy cars and also a bus. They are metal, all old, so most of the wear and tea are “added” feature. :slight_smile:

Terraincrate 2 has started on Kickstarter. Some of the sets have useful pieces for Fallout, if you’re willing to wait for fulfillment.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/terraincrate-2-crate-expectations/description

2 Likes

I actually had this one referred to me this morning. I LOVED the hospital set, the office set looks great too. Almost everything had a lot of promise.

Yeah it just depends on where you want to go with it. Even some of the stuff in the sets that I wouldn’t have bought if sold individually, I could easily think of uses for, if I had them.

That same Kickstarter has just added another Crate geared towards WWII, but would work great with Fallout. Ruined furniture. Junk barricades. Etc.

Really REALLY tempted by this, while waiting for the official terrain to come back in stock.

In case anyone’s wanting to build their own shacks/barricades or other terrain, managed to get a pack of a thousand coffee stirrers for ~ €3. They seem to be a much better fit than lollipop sticks in terms of scale, and are a lot easier than cutting planks out of strips of plasticard as I had been doing!

The corrugated card was from the inside of an old shoebox, and seems to be a much cheaper option than the corrugated metal sheets aimed at model makers I’ve seen online.

Thinking about using them to make a few of those yellow explosives crates you find around the commonwealth, and maybe a few settler shacks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For corrugated sheets I bought a corrugator off Amazon.

Here: Fiskars Paper Crimper (12-93408897) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FPU3ES?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I run the metal from aluminum cans and card stock. Just be careful cutting the aluminum from cans, it can be razor sharp after cutting and will require dulling of any sharp edges.

Green Stuff World also makes a corrugator. Here: http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/134-corrugator

It’s not as wide as the Fiskars one, but it is less expensive. They also sell metal foil as an alternative to salvaging it from cans.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought about coffee stirrers, gonna have to steal that idea. As for corrugated cardboard I just cut up boxes I receive shipments in, and if I run out of those(still working on the box my first big lot of Fallout stuff came in), then I’ll just hit up the liquor stores around here. They usually set out there empty boxes for anyone to take. Useful when I’m moving, though that neighbors think about the guy with dozens of multi-bottle liquor boxes I can only guess. Beyond moving, that also obviously leads to a ready supply of free corrugated cardboard.

Not sure if this is exactly what your looking for but I think anything on this site is good for what we want.