Translations of the Free Quickstart. . .

I have asked the same question in the Old Forum and Modiphius developers had stated they had NO QUALMS about an EVENTUAL translation in other languages of the FREE (and ONLY the FREELY available) Material of Infinity R.P.G. like the Quickstart. . .

Now, here, in Italy, is approaching “Lucca Games 2018” (Lucca is in Tuscany) that is the biggest R.P.G. Event of Northern Italy (there are bigger events in Rome, but there R.P.G. are SERIOUSLY overshadowed by Console Videogames). . .

The event will be “Inside Halloween” between the End of October and the start of November (31th October to 3 November is the norm). . .

Years ago I was in contact with a “■■■■■■■■” base of Fans of Mutant Chronicles that had, more or less, Backed the Kickstarter of EVERYTHING related to Mutant Chronicles by Modiphius. . .

They said to Me that there were SERIOUS Legal Problems because they translated in Italian some FREE Material by Modiphius, but were sued by People that, in Italy, had the Legal Properties of the FORMER Material by precedent R.P.G. Products of the Brand (who had, on their own, Legal Litigations, with whom had the Legal Properties of PLASTIC MINIATURES of Mutant Chronicles). . .

. . . . .

I now ask the same question, about Modiphius stance of an EVENTUAL Translation of FREE Material by enthusiast fans, to diffuse the Game between Young “Potential Recruits” (the level of Written Scholarization of Italian School in English is rising, but still TOO Poor !!) and creation of Italian-Written Forums for discussing the acquisition of PDF Products by Modiphius and Game Events of the R.P.G. Game. . .

. . . . .

The Official Stance of Corvus Belli Miniatures, as more or less proclaimed by their Moderators and Staff Members on their Official Forum (where ALL Games, P.B.P. and whatsoever discussion is to be found on the “Sub-Forum” dedicated to Modiphius, under the label of “Partners”) is that EVERYTHING that is APPROVED to be Published by Modiphius fall under the R.P.G. Categorization. . .

So, essentially, what is Good for Corvus Belli to be published under the shared concept of “Infinity, the R.P.G.” is Good in English AS IN OTHER Lanaguages, provided is Modiphius Staff that OFFICIALLY approves what was approved beforehand by C.B. Scriptwriters and Authors. . .

. . . . .

In Italy at the moment the Infinity MINIATURE Tabletop Wargame is, rather poorly, endorsed and half-supported by “Gametrade Distributions” that decided to focus on the Manga Fantasy Card Game “Force Of Will”; a couple of Years ago the owner of that brand personally said to Me that He is ALMOST disinterested in WHATSOEVER stuff about Infinity. . .

The situation is so bad that is IMPOSSIBLE in Italy to have the Rule Manuals, that have to be side-imported by French and German distributors, and Miniature Boxes have to be imported with the Label of “Tabletop Boxes” like Risk or Monopoly to circumvent bans and legal issues. . .

. . . . .

I ask now what I could relate to the various Fans of Infinity R.P.G. that I will found at the Lucca Event, about further diffusing the FREE Materials by Modiphius, by translating AT LEAST the Quickstart in Italian. . .

It is very probable that an EVENTUAL approved Material in Italian OUGHT to be in printable format, as Pdf. reading amongst the youngest of potential fans is still quite limited. . .

. . . . .

EVERYTHING that will be approved to be translated will be distributed FREELY at R.P.G. Conventions, to enhance the knowledge of a fascinating Game Universe Background married to one of the leading systems of one of the worldwide famous R.P.G. Developers. . .

We will do it to avail a better comprehension and OBVIOUSLY to entice prospective Gamemasters and Players to check the English Manuals to BUY Pdf. Material either directly from Modiphius or “Ancillary Systems” (such as Drivethru, that is the “Dropbox” of the Free Quickstart). . .

I respectfully await whatsoever decision on this issue by Chris Birch and the R.P.G. Developers. . .

1 Like

No answer whatsoever. .?

It is a bad period to ask (too much stuff under developement). . .??

Or is simply the WRONG part of Modiphius Forum where to ask. . . . .???

Have you asked via the contact page https://www.modiphius.com/contact.html?

In the old forum Yes were used Official Channels and Chris Birch answered that SHOULD a RELIABLE printing editor would have guaranteed a High-Quality product then HYPOTHETHICALLY a Translation of the Quickstart would have been PERHAPS in Modiphius interest. . .

But then “Third Parties” of Italian Forums that relates to Infinity as Miniature Wargame warned that there were SERIOUS issues with WHATSOEVER translations about Infinity. . .

But now I know that LEGALLY for Italian Laws of Copyright the two entities are separated and so ANY problems with Infinity as a Minitaure Wargame (Internationally of Corvus Belli from Spain and in Italy Distributions WHO KNOWS?) then DOES NOT reflect on Infinity the R.P.G. produced by Modiphius, that is partinent ONLY to Modiphius. . .

So I could report to various Editor Concerns in Italy that WHATEVER is the decision of Modiphius for Translation of FREELY AVAILABLE materials on the Net is a CONCERN of Modiphius, and of Modiphius ONLY, and WHOEVER claims to be “Sole Owner of Infinity Distribution” in Italy has NO VOICE about it. . .

O.K. Copy pasted the most relevant parts of the discussion above and sent them to the Contact Form suggested. . .

Filed as Query under “Artist / Writer Submissions” as it pertains not PRECISELY a Writer, but a Translator but hopefully will be good. . .

1 Like

Just now came back from the Italian Convention Event. . .

I think is “Heartwarming” to see that many, Many, MANY Roleplaying Games shelves were POSITIVELY filled with Modiphius Printed Products. . .

Apparently “Mutant Year Zero” and “Mutant Chronicles” are the preferred ones, but there was a big sell-out of the “Fallout Miniature Wargame”; the retailers claimed that JUST a “Basic Boxed Set” and a single, lone “Supermutant with Dog” were what remained of lot’s a Boxes that sold very well. . .

. . . . .

And now the sad notes about Infinity the R.P.G.

JUST the Printed Basic Manual was available in not very helpful retailers, that claimed that they HAD to go to Essen Spiel Event in Germany to obtain it BECAUSE NOTHING of Infinity (either Corvus Belli Manuals or Modiphius Miniatures) were POSSIBLE to obtain in Italy. . .

Also the Manual was priced at 59 Euros and claimed to be discounted at 55; is that a correct price or were those people “Overpricing” it to stake a net gain. . .??

Who knows. . .

. . . . .

These same Retailers, based in Florence, said “We Like More Infinity to be NOT Translated, as We remain ALMOST sole retailers”. . .

Spoke with some Infinity-Fans about the prospect to try to open a “Direct Line of Communication” with Modiphius about this and they claimed to JUST want a better distribution of Infinity-Related product and granting Editors, such as Modiphius, their just and fair gain back for their EXCELLENT work (seriously, wise and mature Italian Roleplayers found refreshingly HIGH the quality of the material coming from London !!). . .

The “Italian Fan Club” of Mutant Chroncles claimed to have an OPTIMAL communication with Modiphius Distributors to “Jump” some unworthy middlemen-retailers that overprice materials (but if they HAVE TO GO outside Italy to buy Printed Manuals some kind of Overpricing is INEVITABLE) and that they avoided the issues that plagued the OLD R.P.G. of Mutant Chronicles by “Heartbreaker” when it come to some legal litigations between the Retailers of the Plastic Miniature Boxed Sets, the Pewter Boxes and the “Purely Paper” Roleplaying Game. . .

. . . . .

I was speaking with them when a couple of Young Players from Rome, that claimed to be from the BIGGEST R.P.G. Club of the Capital of Italy, arrived and buyed TWO of the Cybertronic Manuals recently printed from Modiphius (25 Euros if I’m not mistaken). . .

They said to be Kickstart Backers of Mutant Chronicles AND Infinity and that the Cybertronic Manual was the PERFECT “Crossover Touchstone” for a project of JOINING the two Game Universes (and I know of a group in Milan that is “Crossing” between Infinity and Mutant Year One). . .

. . . . .

So, at least, the products of Modiphius are recognized even here in Italy as being TOP NOTCH Material that is VERY apt to be Kickstarter Backed, obtained in PDF form AND also in Printed Manual Versions. . .

It will be just nice to SOMEHOW jump the middlemen that are NOT GOOD In-Between Retailers. . . . . .

1 Like