Steiney's Fallout Terrain

Looking good indeed!..has me rummaging around my bits box looking at the materials I need to get to try this!
Look forward to seeing more🖒

Thanks!
I’ll use both fronts as a pair of former local businesses with perhaps small apartments upstairs? Not sure yet. As you can see, these Walther’s Kits were meant to be lit from within, not have detailed interiors. The peg system is nice to snap the parts together for a train layout quickly, but it doesn’t look nice, so I have to cut these Interior Walls and fit it over the pegs and window inserts. Now I have to make some decisions!

20180917_225704
This isn’t a Dental Pick, I’m not hating on dental picks, they have their uses, this is a Panel Scriber. It takes a neat groove out in ribbons like a good hand plane does to wood.

2 Likes

Great job!!! One day i will learn how to craft my on stuff. Im my langague (portuguese from Brasil) is hard to found some good tutorials

Thank you! I hope to show everyone that learning a few, solid techniques can make this type of work easy peasy.

Stunning and inspirational work. How do you plan in doing the interiors?

Thanks! I think There will be 2 local businesses downstairs and 1 apartment upstairs, all conveniently accessible from the collapsed rear section :wink:

The insides of Fallout Buildings need to look grungy and as wet and dry-rotted as possible :wink:

1 Like

A bit more work…

Looks like you have the same style clamps as I do, only the ones I have came in black with orange pads.

Seriously, you’re doing some amazing work, enjoying seeing this come together a great deal.

Thanks Gate!

My favorite part here is cutting and laying in the different layers of trim
These are just cheap Harbor Freight clamps. I have some solid Brass Bar clamps that are my pride and joy :wink:

These storefront windows usually have the raised boxes to showcase wares for sale…and MANNEQUINS :wink:

1 Like

Very nice. Planning to do something special for the mannequins? Just the unpainted O Gauge train people, or going with something else?

I have no idea yet, Gate. I’m just winging this :wink:

Make it up as we go along, . . . so what I do then!

Check out the unpanted people for O Gauge train people, I was looking at this as a possible solution for mannequins:

Those look almost disturbing enough!

Yeah, I think that’s about as close as you’re going to get without making something yourself. I think in this case the low quality actually works in the models’ favor too. My only complaint about a lot like that is that it’s way more models than I’d likely ever use.

I keep thinking though that it would be fun to set up a poker table with the sitting ones, . . .

You could always use some as scattet terrainin the streets.

Yep, window dressing, scatter terrain, and maybe even paint up a couple of them as settlers if you particularly like a couple of the poses.

We’ve ALL shot manequins in the streets or in buildings, thinking they were raiders. That would Actually be a great game mechanic. Shoot at the target, only to find out it’s a mannequin and the real dude flanks you

2 Likes

my thinking was place a few disturbingly surrounding a bed maybe glue plasticard knifes in there hands, i always thought i would be cool to place some on the battlements of your walls as a way of appearing as if you have more people defending that not to scare the local tribals (why is S pook) censored

1 Like

House Rule Idea:
Place three mannequins on the board for every one model you intend to field. Player may swap out one mannequin for a character model during activation. Alternately if the opponent shoots at a mannequin, flip a coin. Heads the player needs to place a model in place of the mannequin and takes damage normally, tails the opponent hits a mannequin and it’s knocked over.

Placement for theme:
I always thought it was fun to see the strange placements of mannequins in Fallout 4.
-With the models I pointed out above, there are sitting ones. I thought setting them up so it looks like they were playing cards would be fun.
-Knives/Machete in hand around a dismembered body is always fun.
-One sitting at a desk what has the only functioning terminal.
-One standing at a window looking into a bedroom.
-One standing over a bed with a pillow over a skeleton’s head.
-Several standing around a table with an assortment of bombs on the table.
-Several arrayed so that when you enter a building, every one of them is facing you.