Q'plah! A new addition to STA is coming

Very true!

it’s really really clear yeah.

I’m curious, have the physical copies shipped yet? I am enjoying the PDF version and would like to also enjoy the physical copy. However I’m not sure if they’ve been sent out yet. I know with things being as they are in the world it may take a little extra time. Just checking on whether I should be looking for it or not. Thanks!

To quote the original posting:

Since there’s still plenty of time until autumn/Fall, I would be surprised if the physical copies would have shipped, yet.

1 Like

Not yet. There are a few pieces of art waiting for final approval and I’m putting in the final edits now. I expect we’ll ship the final files to CBS by the end of August, and to printers in September. Maybe see print copies later in the fall. World pandemic and shipping will likely putter along.

3 Likes

Gotcha. Thanks. Just checking it because I know the USPS is going through some issues and I was curious if that was the issue. Totally cool. Can’t wait to see it!

1. Does the new Klingon Core Rulebook simply change the way the rules are expressed, or does it change what the rules actually are?
  2. Is there a possibility in future of having a fourth printing of the original Core rulebook with these re-expressed rules?

It mostly changes the flavor. Many things are still the same, like the talents. It does of course add some Klingon-specific stuff like a couple of talents and obviously spaceframes. They also used the book to clarify and update some rules, most notably reputation and character advancement rules.

I’m hoping there will be a free supplement explaining the updates for owners of the current book who want to stay current? I won’t be buying the Klingon book yet as our group still has a lot of non-Klingon content to get through! :slight_smile:

The pdf package includes a Starfleet-friendly addendum for the new reputation rules - which are actually quite simple and logical changes.

2 Likes

I found it worthwhile for my group because of the reputation and advancement changes. Character advancements are now entirely player-driven and rely soley on their Values which I find much more interesting.

1 Like

Dear Modiphius’s marketing people, I did not own any STA books until now. Then, I bought the Humble Bundle of STA books because they go with the Klingon core book. More sales were made because of Klingons.

As far as content, I’ve really liked what I’ve seen. Creating your own house is a great thing. Being able to “keep current” with a D7, the eternal battlecruiser, makes me very happy.

I’m thinking a border house which also controls territory outside the empire proper along the lines of the Habsburgs holding territory outside the boundaries of the Holy Roman Empire. It would expand story possibilities: not all conflicts of the House mean the Empire itself is involved. For example, the House could answer calls for heroes (distress signals seem very un-Klingon to me) by nearby systems for action-packed, plot-light games or face attack in those areas where the House must stand alone.

As someone who had a poster of a D7 battlecruiser on his wall while in kindergarten, I am happy this product exists.

3 Likes

could well be like some nation’s submarine services. where you have three duty shifts of 6 hours each. with a one on, two off schedule. (6 hours on duty, 12 hours off) the end result is the duty shifts don’t match up to the day night cycle, but since you are in a completely enclosed environment with no actual day/night cycle, it doesn’t throw you off quite as bad.

3 Likes

If I get the PDF from the modiphius store, do I get a discount for the physical release like I received for the Dishonored RPG?

1 Like

Until now, it was standard practice of Modiphius to grant discounts for both physical and digital products, if the other products, respectively, were already acquired via any source. I have not heard that this policy has changed.

So, in short: Yes, I think. :slight_smile:

Any updates on when the updated/finished version of the pdf will be released?

According to the timeline @Modiphius-Jim laid out earlier, the files should be with CBS to be approved. We know two things about the people at CBS: They’re a pleasure to work with and since, thus, everyone wants to work with them, consequently, their time is limited.

Despite this, @Modiphius-Jim expected to ship the files to the printers in September.

So, let’s say: October, at the earliest, if everything went as planned. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ordered the Klingon PDF and with it I got a “licence key”. I wondered what that was for, as the preview zip wasn’t password protected, and now I realise it’s a store code :slight_smile:

I added the core Klingon book and the code would save 14.99. I then added the deluxe Klingon book and the code applied to both, but split it as : (-£5.39 GBP) and (-£9.60 GBP) . So it looks like it’s a flat £15 no matter what you do.

Just in case there will be custom Klingon dice set coming (which I’d really appreciate) and Modiphius is waiting for the books’ release to come out with: It would be really great if one could pre-order those dice as well. I have no FLGS at hands and order directly from Modiphius; I’d hate my pre-ordered Klingon books to (internationally) ship the same day I order the dice. :slight_smile:

So in case there will be Klingon dice: Please make an (at least short) pre-order to ship with the books. :slight_smile:

@Modiphius-Jim

1 Like

Now that we’re well into October, do we possibly have an idea on how much further a wait we have on the print Klingon rulebook? The pdf is a nice preview, but I have a much more successful time digging in on hard copy books.