How do you play?

I play a campaign with my kiddos(6 and 8.) It’s an amalgamation of Lunchbox and Wasteland Dawn. One kid plays the Sole Survivor Loner named Lucas Jackson and the other is Piper.

I’m making it a settlement they named “New America,” and so far it’s been pretty fun. They’ve done a pretty good job against the AI and my son in particular is really digging the game and it’s atmosphere. Loves watching me paint the minis and really, really dogs power armor (especially the Enclave armors.)

1 Like

I had been playing a semi-rpg type game alongside others against a variety of AI characters. Basically running “treed” scenarios where in game decisions and interactions with various scenic items or characters influence the next mission whilst also building settlements.

The first mission was Nora and Dog being wakened by a mysterious stranger in power armor whilst the vault was attacked by Raiders (The “Retrieve the Power Armor” mission from the core rules). They had to escape the vault whilst retrieving a weapons cache. Having accomplished this, the next mission was to attack the Raider’s camp with the retrieved Fat Man. Depending on how this went, the following mission would be to either establish their own settlement whilst repelling the Raider counterattack or a running retreat to escape the area.

Haven’t been able to get a game in since late last year, but hope to be able to get back into it soon.

Where are you in the world? Put it on here and see if anyone else is around.

As for the way I play, I’ve just been working through the tutorial missions and then had 3-4 battle mode homebrew games. Me vs a mate and then adding a deathclaw/Frank horrighan as AI for a twist. Still very much learning.

Next step for us is either some kind of campaign or settlement mode. Absolutely loving the game, extremely clever.

When we were still playing the game, it was mostly a modified version of Battle Mode.