How deadly are games meant to be?

2 Threat per player is typically how much the GM begins a session with (though this can vary), but there’s no upper limit.

Now THERE’S an idea!
Someone make a “Tomb of Horrors” adventure for Star Trek!

2 Likes

i refuse to play with gms who see themselves as the players enemy

2 Likes

I’d be lying if I wasn’t thinking about it. I’ve actually considering adapting Tomb of Horrors to Modiphius’ Conan - it would be glorious!!

As for Trek, I’ve considered putting together a nasty one-shot in which the players find themselves needing to enter a Borg Structure to find a dormant Borg Queen; the premise being that with a queen, they could figure out some way to disrupt a collective. Alternatively, it could be a great one-shot to be run in the DIS era and have the players penetrating a Section 31 facility held by Control.

2 Likes

Ron Rocks!

1 Like

One issue is the state of Starfleet medicine. Starfleet physicians are about as proficient as Starfleet Engineers. Any doctor worth his salt will want to start examining science for a cure. Another issue is, which character? OK, so if you have someone who is leaving the campaign, I could see it; or someone not happy with their character and wanted a change. Or as part of a Command Test scenario (but those are usually only a test, not real).

1 Like

A beloved NPC?

I never said it is a good Idea and I have to confess, I am not daring enough to persue that Idea activly, not even pasivly.
Actually I would not allow the Doctor to heal that patient. But, I would allow him to find a cure for that sort of raditation sickness on his resurch on that patient.

As that szenario might never happen in any of my groups, it itches in the back of my head.

As someone who often ends up face palming at whatever crazy plan the players come up with and having to try and mitigate their dangers as much as is feasible without giving them a free ride
I would say depends on what the players want or do

Couldn’t you use the transporter to restore the subjects cells back to normal?

not according to The Wrath of Khan

1 Like

teleporter technology may be more advanced