Fallout:Wasteland Warfare - Old FAQ and Errata thread

Ah, yes - I see what you mean. I was looking at the 2.0 list, not 2.2. (I don’t make the Battle Mode lists so am not as familiar with those.) As the Super Sledge was added to the Paladin’s weapons, it looks like the Super Sledge cost just wasn’t added to the BoS’s cost list - the cost will be the same as that on the full costs list (the PDF showing everything not the Battle Mode Force Lists). I’ll mention it to the team so it can be updated in the next version. Thanks kaufi1990 and AegisSeraphim.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. This makes me happy in our next mission is 1000 points and my brother has been kicking my teams but with dog meat and Sole Survivor Loner with power armor melee

No problem. Good luck in your next match :slight_smile:

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn’t find it in the FAQ doc, or through searching the forum. According to the rules as written if the range ruler for a ranged attack passes over terrain then the defender is in cover. Is there an exemption if you have a model in base contact with a piece of cover, using it specifically as cover for itself. such as a shooter, firing out of the window of a ruined building, or over a barricade? It seems sensible that in these cases the shooter should have cover against any return fire, but their targets shouldn’t benefit from cover, or what’s the point of being a sniper?

Yes, under the definition of cover on p17 of the rulebook:

Each object that the Line of Cover fully passes through (enters and exits) places a temporary -2 cover modifier on the Skill Value of the attacker. Any cover which the shooter’s base is touching is excluded.

(my emphasis added).

1 Like

Oh, and welcome to the forums! (I just noticed this was your first post).
:slight_smile:

Thank you, I’m sorry I must have glossed over that bit. That makes sense, then.

Phil

1 Like

Am I correct in thinking the “too hit” part of the deathclaw crush is the opposed strength/agility test?

If this test is failed by the deathclaw does he lose his counters?

Also, is the throw a push? Or does it go over models and terrain?

Thanks!

Yes, the Skill Toll for the attack is the opposed skill test on the card. All the tokens on the Crush card are removed regardless of the attack’s outcome.

For the throw effect, place the affected model at its destination rather than Push Back. As everyone’s terrain varies, use your judgement to determine if objects are tall enough to block this - a good rule of thumb is it can pass over objects considered as difficult terrain and not require climbing such as low walls, crates and cars - I would include normal-size models in that too.

1 Like

Thanks Steve!

Another question that came up in todays game that I can’t seem to find the answer too.

Dogmeat was standing engaged with 2 Mutant Hounds,
Mutant hound 1 attacked and got 2 action points, one of which he used to prepare and one of which he used to walk away from the engagement.
Mutant Hound 2 went and had the same results, using the first action point to prepare, if he was to then withdraw from the engagement and Dogmeat took his Free Quick attack, is this then a valid trigger for the Hounds to use their Reaction Markers? and if so, when would they use them, after the quick action (interupting hound 2’s move) or after hound 2’s move?

Thanks

A question came up on the FB group recently:

What happens when you are shooting into an engagement where more than 3 other characters are in base contact with the target?

The attacker assigns the numbers 1-4 to models as usual to the target and models engaged with them and stops allocating once all 4 numbers are allocated, so any further models are not considered.

1 Like

Hi. I will have a think about this one and let you know. Thanks.

Hi,

I knew this rang a bell but could not remember where it had been mentioned before. I did some checking and this is covered in the Errata which says:

p. 25: Withdrawing From Being Engaged
Add: ‘A free attack is not a Trigger for Reactions.’

So, in your example, Dogmeat’s attack would not be a trigger so the Mutant Hounds could not use their reaction in response.

3 Likes

Question regarding charge bonuses when using Battle Cry

From page 36 of the rulebook

If the charger wins the Battle Cry Test, they receive the following bonuses:

1. The charger receives one Black and one Green Charge Bonus Markers.

Battle Cry Example:

A Brute declares they are charging a Lancer, using their Battle Cry skill. The Brute Charges into base-to-base contact with the Lancer and chooses a black Charge Bonus Marker .

My query

Why is the Brute in the example choosing one black Charge Bonus Marker? What happened to, he has stated he will be choosing Battle Cry “instead” as stated on page 23

From page 23 of the rulebook

A model’s Charge movement ends as soon as it enters base-to-base contact with an opposing model. When a model completes a Charge, they either place a Charge Bonus Marker (choosing black or green) next to the Charging model or they can choose to use Battle Cry instead if they have that ability.

Am I missing something here?

What got from reading the rules was the player was risking his Charge Bonus Marker choice to do a Battle Cry and win both; but the example on page 36 clearly disputes this

Hi,

The way Battle Cry was described changed a few times during the editing of the rules. The discrepancy you’ve noticed is due to page 23 not having been updated to match page 36. Page 23 should actually say that, after completing the movement, they place a Charge Bonus marker and then may choose to use Battle Cry.

As you mentioned, if the model using Battle Cry succeeds, they get a second charge bonus (whichever of black or green they did not already select so has 1 black and 1 green in total); if the target of the Battle Cry succeeds then the model using Battle Cry loses the Charge Bonus they selected (so has no Charge Bonus). If neither succeed (as both could fail their Opposed Skill Test), the Battle Cry has no effect so the single Charge Bonus already selected remains.

Thanks for highlighting that as that discrepancy had not been noticed before. I shall add that to the next Errata. On page 36, point 2 will be updated too to make it clear the black+green are instead of the chosen Charge Bonus, not in addition to it.

2 Likes

A couple of questions that have come up in recent games:

1. Preston Gravey’s Morale. On the unit card for Preston Gravey he has the morale ability that gives minuteman within his aura +1 health. How is this used? Is it applied for every minuteman that deployed within his aura or does it change during the game where a minuteman outside of his aura would not have the +1 health until he moves in range of Preston’s aura?

2. Area of Effect & Dice. When an attack has an area of effect do the rolled dice (like the black, yellow, etc.) apply to all the models in the area of effect or only to the target?

3. Leader Cards. We know a leader needs to have a leader card, but can a leader have multiple leader cards or can multiple models have a leader card?

Hi. The effects of aura abilities are based on their current positions, so the +1 Health for Minuteman models affects those that are currently within the aura. If a Minuteman only had 1 remaining Health due to Preston’s aura (with Preston encouraging his comrade to stay with him and keep on fighting) then they would get removed if they end up outside the aura (whether due to them moving, or Preston moving) as they would then have 0 Health (i.e. without Preston’s encouragement, they lose the ability to keep going).

All the models. The same attack result is applied to all within the area, but each gets their own armor roll (if applicable).

Target specific effects: Some area effects do have an additional effect specifically for the target itself (in addition to any damage and effect dice) shown by a target icon followed by the additional effect afterwards, i.e. the Fragmentation Grenade does 1 extra damage to the target. This is mentioned on page 47 of Rules of Play in the sidebar (and the wording updated on page 2 of the FAQ). If an effect scatters, the normal effects are applied as usual but any target specific effects are not applied even if it scatters and ends up centred on a different model (and the full description of this can be found on page 6 of the FAQ).

The Rules of Play say each side has one single-model unit which acts as their Leader, and the player picks one Leader card and allocates it to one single-model unit. So, only one model can be a Leader and that model can only have one Leader card.

If you play a co-operative game, the Co-Op Handbook provides a few extra rules for that and one is that each player’s force contains a Leader, even though players are on the same side.

2 Likes

Hey I don’t know where else to post this to get a response
But who won the #ModiphiusPainting competition?
It was said to be announced on November 4th but I haven’t seen anything of it anywhere

One of the Modiphius social media pages posted this:

We had a fantastic response to the Modiphius Painting competition with a slew of submissions. As a result, we decided to add two extra categories!

We’re delighted to announce the overall winner as Pie Vendor (@pie_vendor) for their wonderfully painted and weathered Corvega. Pie Vendor wins a faction core set of their choice!

The Technical Award goes to BrushStroke(@brushstroke77) for their excellently painted Raider miniature. BrushStroke wins a troop or character box of their choice!

The Thematic award goes to Anekcen Kopxnkob for their custom Red Rocket fuel sign & raiders! They win a troop or character box of their choice!

A massive congratulations to all the winners and huge thanks to everyone who entered the #modiphiuspainting competition. Look out for more in the future!