Deck plans for STA

I’ve come across Falke’s work before, and it’s good stuff, but I have to say I like your sample even better. The “Starfleet-clean” aesthetic comes across in a very attractive way.

I use some of the same sources previously mentioned. What I really want are detailed deck plans and isometric diagrams for the Akira class, which as everyone knows is the coolest ship in the Star Trek canon.

the Akikra would actually be nice to get deck plans for if only because it’s got such a differant hull shape. you can look at a deck plan for the consisution and make some assumptions re the galaxy or the conny, the cataman hull of an akira though…

With respect, that is the kind of thing Threat can be used for, but I get your meaning, I think.

Not just “can” but “should”… IMO.

There is exactly nothing preventing you from doing both. Just because you’re using the deck plan to figure out the Complication(s) doesn’t mean the GM isn’t paying the ante.

There’s also exactly nothing suggesting the poster wasn’t paying Threat. Or that he was using this in STA and not another Trek game.

Given that the the post is in a board specific for STA, and in a thread specific about expansions for STA, I vehemently disagree with the quoth assertion.

I do currently use threat, breaches, etc in my game as written. My desire for aids like deck plans is simply to help add color.

I’m an immerse player. For example: My game has a small, defined Expanse fleet the players aren’t really even aware of yet. This sort of product is something that I will use. Hard stop.

The challenge for Modiphius is, I think, pricing. I think setting expectations may be key.

Personally, while I love examining them for background info, I don’t need detailed plans for game purposes. I’m much happier with default stretches of corridor and more examples of bridges and rooms from different sources (while I don’t use them for minis combat, the tiles are nicely done*). The shows got by with 2 or 3 stretches of corridor - so can I!

Schematics showing general layout (locations of engineering, sickbay, main quarters etc) coupled with detailed treatments of specific locations would be useful for general colour.

• I would love to see some toolkits put together for the likes of Campaign Cartographer or image editor software so that I can produce and put together my own custom plans…

The Klingon deck tiles look cool.

Just saw this post, but my answer is absolutely. I have copies of all the ones I could find. Right now I have Starship Dynamics’ Archer class scout and Archer class destroyer plus the Strategic Designs Nova and Intrepid printed at 11x17. I put them in Ultra-pro Toploaders. When we play, I put the plans for the ship the players are on, onto the table for easy access. The Bridge crew of a ship would know their ship. The plans allow the players to see what the characters already know.

I have found the game is really enhanced and the players get very proactive in driving the story when they know where stuff is. No more “um, are we anywhere near a transporter?” or “just how far is engineering from here?”.

All in all a deckplan is a fantastic tool. But my personal recommendation is to keep them small, say 11x17. A deckplan scaled to miniatures is simple too large and unwieldy. My copies of the Galaxy class deckplans are really too large on too many pages to be of any use.

I am getting ready to run some TOS one shot games so I am going to be getting my Strategic Designs Constitution printed to 11x17. I wish they had done a Klingon D-7. I will probably make do with the K’tinga.

I have managed to locate and get as many of them as I can, but it has been years with many simply no longer available. I do have the pre-FASA Enterprise and D7 blueprint style deckplans I got at a con in the 80’s. But they are hardcopy, large and I don’t think would do well to scan and print at 11x17.

Anyway, to the question. Yes yes yes yes yes yes. Deckplans!

I forgot to mention.

Starbase and outpost plans.
It is VERY difficult to find any deckplans for star-bases or outposts that aren’t drawn like they are post-apocalyptic or dark dark grim dark.

I’d kill for a regular Trek style station deckplan.

1 Like

Would like Romulan deck tiles :grinning:
Also: Alien planet terrain tiles ( Ruins, Rocky desert, Forest, etc. For now, I use D&D grid tiles and vinyl 1” grid mats but draw zones with a black dry erase marker so as to be able to ignore the grid squares.

I was so disappointed by the Fed decks I never even looked at the Klingon ones.

I like the top down view ones. I think the side view MSD have extremely limited usefulness.

1 Like

Agreed, you can pretty much just have a list of what’s on each deck for all the usefulness side elevation plans give you in terms of arrangement. On some classes, the Galaxy-class especially, top down view plans can give a real sense for the scale and space on board a ship.

I downloaded the Deck Plans for the Steamrunner class just so I could show the Medical Officer the Medbay layout, Security Officer the Brig setup, Engineer the Engineering sections, etc.

I used the following website:

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/sd-steamrunner.php

1 Like

OK, I just finished these maps for my TOS ST: A Game on Foundry. What do you all think? Its our interpretation of the sleeping arraignments of course, not sure everyone will agree with 2 per room (except the Cpt and 1st Off.) but let me know.

1 Like

These are very nicely done! And I like the TOS console use!

It’s odd but it doesn’t look cramped enough to me. I can see it matches the original plans put together for the books, but the Archer feels like it should be claustrophobic, like a WW2 submarine. It doesn’t seem right with normal beds laid out in the crew quarters! (The original design having a full circular corridor seems wasteful but ISTR characters running around it for exercise in the books.)

I’m curious, what’s that grey rectangle hidden away next to the main airlock?

I do think the sanitation department might have gotten a bit carried away for a ship with 14 crew :wink:

Thank you. I worked a while on it. The double occupency of the staterooms was trying to fit in the PCs and the Supporting Characters. That small office/stateroom in Main Engineering was direct request from the character playing our Chief Engineer. Also, I had wanted to make that one starboard aft stateroom contain 2 bunk beds so it would have been for 4 crewmen. As far as a more ‘Submarine’ look, how do you think it would look if I instead put in fold up births in the causway for the crewmen?

Finally that grey box is supposed to be the B Deck level of the frieght lift from the cargo bay on A Deck.