Attacking a character holding a bow

Thank you FrankF, this will help a lot. After reading many of your posts in other topics, i can say that you truly are a very valuable ressource for this forum. You not only take the time to give detailed and well articulated answers with references in the rule books, but also to give precious insight from your gaming experience with Conan.

This is soooo true ! I guess the insane idea to parry with a bow comes from too much watching of feats ala Legolas when the guy routinely parry with his frail elvish bow slashes from heavy blades and always get away with it.

After reading your anwers to my questions, i’ve been thinking and i 've got new ones :thinking:

This is of very high interest to me ! So…

Q6— In the situation you describe, i have let’s say 2 or 3 momentum from that parry/riposte reaction, and i have also read this great topic Marksman Talent query - #15 by Phebus where you explain all the stuff you can do with that extra momentum.

—What happens if i don’t spend this momentum, is it lost or does it go to the common pool ?

—If i decide to spend it, can i wait until all of the oponents have finished their actions to finally unlash an attack ?

—Do i get to spend it at ANY time while the oponents are playing their turn, meaning i could simply interrupt an attack against an ally by taking down his oponent with my standard attack as a swift action ?

Q7— Is generating your own momentum from a defense reaction (parry/riposte/panterish twist) the only way to perform a swift action outside of your turn ?

Q8—Now, as an echo of Q6. This time, during my regular turn, after a successful attack, i’ve got 2 momentums at my disposal from Marksman and Trickshot talents. Instead of spending them immediately to perform another attack as a swift action , can i ‘’ keep them in the air’’ to perform a swift action later in the turn but before the oponents get their turn ?

Q9—After a defense reaction, i generate only 1 momentum, but there is momentum available in the common pool. Is the momentum spend for a swift action possible ?

Thanks.

1 Like